- Knowledge of incident response and handling methodologies
- Knowledge of the NCCIC National Cyber Incident Scoring System to be able to prioritize triaging of incident
- Knowledge of general attack stages (e.g., foot printing and scanning, enumeration, gaining access, escalation of privileges, maintaining access, network exploitation, covering tracks, etc.)
- Skill in recognizing and categorizing types of vulnerabilities and associated attacks
- Knowledge of basic system administration and operating system hardening techniques
- Knowledge of Computer Network Defense policies, procedures, and regulations
- Knowledge of different operational threat environments (e.g., first generation [script kiddies], second generation [non nation-state sponsored], and third generation [nation-state sponsored])
- Knowledge of system and application security threats and vulnerabilities (e.g., buffer overflow, mobile code, cross-site scripting, PL/SQL and injections, race conditions, covert channel, replay, return-oriented attacks, and malicious code)
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline + 8 years of incident management / cybersecurity operations experience OR High School Diploma + 10 years of experience
- Ability to correlate incident data to identify specific trends in reported incidents
- Ability to recommend defense in depth principles and practices (i.e. Defense in Multiple Places, layered defenses, security robustness, etc.)
- Ability to perform Computer Network Defense incident triage to include determining scope, urgency, and potential impact; identify the specific vulnerability and make recommendations that enable expeditious remediation
- Close familiarity with NIST 800-62 (latest revision), and FISMA standards as they pertain to reporting incidents
- Ability to assist Federal leads with incident management functions when deployed at an onsite engagement
- Ability to assist in coordinating with private sector partners, law enforcement, and internal entities to conduct daily operations
- Ability to manage reported incidents by providing a single point of service for incident customer organizations throughout the incident life cycle of a high priority incident
- Ability to assist in conducting peer reviews and providing quality assurance reviews for junior personnel
- Mentor junior incident managers and provide guidance to others on incident management prioritization, triage and report writing in support of onsite engagements
- Effective verbal and written communication skills that include the ability to describe highly technical concepts in non-technical terms
- Master’s degree in technical field
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.