We are seeking an experienced Network Engineer, located in the Columbia, MD area, to be responsible for the network design, test, and maintenance of development and production environments in support of a command and control (C2) software and hardware solution. This position installs, maintains and evaluates network systems and communications. Troubleshoots the complex network issues involving various factors. Conducts network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies. Must have extensive knowledge of Internet, computer, routers, switches, firewall, etc. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature
- Designs, implements, and supports LAN/WAN networks and systems.
- Develops and maintains network system and service configurations.
- Documents and troubleshoots network and system issues.
- Creates and maintains network diagrams and documentation.
- Tests and evaluates network systems and services to reduce problems and make improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree, with 8 years of relevant experience. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must be US Citizen with current/existing Secret clearance
- Must have CompTIA Security+ or CISSP Certification
- Must have CCNA or higher Cisco professional certification
- Five (5) years experience with Cisco routing and switching design and configuration
- Three (3) years experience deploying and managing encryption devices
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Visio
- Experience with network management and monitoring toolsets such as NetScout, Wireshark, ExtraHop, SolarWinds, etc.
- Familiar with Windows server configuration and operation
- Experience maintaining network baseline configurations
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Familiarity with Classified Computing and Information Assurance best practices
- Possess Cisco CCNP or equivalent industry certification
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Active Secret security clearance required.
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.