Lyft’s mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. We care deeply about the people we work with and the communities we serve. To create the world’s best transportation, we start with our own team by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a skilled Service Technician and people leader from the automotive service industry to lead a team of Mobile Service Technicians. The ideal candidate will be a leader from the automotive service industry and have a deep understanding of how process centered organizations develop people, solve problems and deliver the highest quality work in the world. This thoughtful approach requires someone with logical planning skills and a resulting systematic approach to getting things done.
Reporting to the Service Manager, you will directly manage a team of Mobile Service Technicians that services Lyft drivers at their home or hub, as well as Lyft’s internal fleets across the region. You’ll own the successful implementation of standard operating and technical procedures, workflows, and training, for our Mobile Technician team, and ensure the team meets its performance goals and metrics while delivering exceptional customer service.
- Implementation and ongoing improvement of our standard processes and end-to-end vehicle service workflow
- Support the creation of our process and problem-solving methods for technician and administrative service teams
- Manage and continuously develop your team of service technicians and customer-focused associates by leading by example and putting your team’s success before your own
- Lead the Philadelphia Mobile Service team’s achievement of our KPIs and practices
- Continuous development of our Mobile Service operating system, its continuous improvement, and its resulting performance
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional partners within Lyft to drive business performance, present excellent customer experience, and meet company OKRs
- Develop and manage performance and relationships with our local external partners
- Strong background in automotive service including technical repair, diagnostic and service (ASEs or OEM training program preferred)
- Passion and proven experience for coaching and developing talent
- Experience with delivering mobile services and customer-facing roles, preferred
- Impeccable customer service and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility with your schedule and willingness to work morning or weekend shifts, if required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a basic level of computer proficiency
- Hold a valid unrestricted driver’s license
- Have and maintain a satisfactory driving record and be insurable under Lyft's policy
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Capable of standing, walking, and completing physical activity ~8 hours per day
- Willing to work in the outdoors and in inclement weather
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.