At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft understands that the future of a seamless, amazing mobility experience requires more than a great app and great drivers. It also requires a great vehicle. This is why we’ve reimagined our Driver Hubs to include new vehicle services that will not only improve the experience for our customers, but also reduce some of the challenges that come with being a driver. Our in-house vehicle service centers, where drivers will get high quality, affordable maintenance and repair with lightning speed will be building out quickly.
As a Vehicle Service Technician 2, you will report to our Vehicle Service Manager. You will be responsible for the learning, execution, certification, and improvement of our work standards and processes, which are an integral part of our overall vehicle service system. Your role as a member of our team, as is everyone's, is to focus on the improvement of the whole system, so that our customer is better served. This work requires teaming, respect, problem solving and collaboration with all parts of our organization, always keeping our customer and fulfillment of their needs as the target. The work is to better understand how your work affects all the other pieces of the process, so that when all work interacts, better outcomes are created.
- Act as the highest quality vehicle maintenance and light service technician
- Perform routine automotive maintenance, such as oil change, vehicle inspection, tire rotation & replacement, wheel alignment, engine and cabin air filter replacement, and brake & rotor replacement
- Disassembly and reassembly of collision damaged vehicles
- Light diagnosis of drivetrain, suspension or HVAC problems and repair/replace components as needed.
- Responsible for performing and documenting daily equipment inspections and ensuring equipment is ready for use
- Clean and detail vehicles, as needed
- Provide training, assistance, and mentoring of entry-level technicians
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment on a continuous basis and comply with Lyft’s repair, safety, and regulatory guidelines
- Maintains and executes system standards and visual management
- Operate a variety of hand, power, and shop tools
- Partner with team members to drive efficiency and resolve complex issues
- 2+ years of proven service work experience in the automotive industry is mandatory
- Must have experience performing oil change, tire rotation, repair and replacement, air filter, transmission flush, brake fluid flush, brake purge, AC service
- Minimum skills may be acquired through a qualified technical school certificate or equivalent related experience
- Preferred Qualifications include an A.S. degree or Certificate in MACS with previous experience as a mechanic working on light diagnostics
- Demonstrates commitment to solving problems
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Discipline to Standard Operating Procedures and Routines
- Must have a basic level of computer proficiency
- Strong teamwork skills (i.e. communication, respectfulness, listening, reliability, conflict management)
- Ability to lift 20lbs
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Capable of standing, walking, and completing physical activity ~8 hours per day
- Must have a valid unrestricted driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record and be insurable under Lyft's policy
- Brand new, state of the art equipment provided
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.