This position is a key role supporting warehouse and manufacturing operations. The ideal candidate will possess the skills and aptitude to manage the operational side of warehouse execution and the cross-functional skills to successfully collaborate with multiple internal and external business partners.
- Support and drive safe work practices with a safety-first mindset.
- Recommend, lead, and support process improvement initiatives in warehouse operations and in collaboration with other groups.
- Identify and help implement safety, quality, and facility improvements.
- Participate in complex assignments requiring independent action, creative problem-solving, and a high degree of initiative.
- Oversee warehouse projects and day-to-day execution of department objectives and act acting as a facilitator and team leader
- Function as a key contributor to business decisions and projects that align with company goals and objectives.
- Understand and recommend KPIs and productivity metrics.
- Generate and analyze performance and capacity reports to assist in decision-making.
- Create, revise, and implement work instructions in collaboration with warehouse leadership and considering global impact.
- Understand and be able to support all warehouse functions
- Become ERP/SAP Superuser who can troubleshoot issues.
- Participate in staff development and training.
- Complete various physical and administrative duties as required including verifying material accuracy and quality, check for damaged goods, and segregate inventory following standard quality and non-conformance processes.
- Pack materials according to procedure, including handling of packing supplies, corrugated boxes, coolers, gel packs and dry ice.
- Fulfill and process multiple orders through ERP system via RF scanner or manual input.
- Segregate short dated and expired material, and coordinate and execute scrap requests.
- Identify, investigate and drive resolution for inventory discrepancies.
- Work with material in ambient, cold, and frozen temperature environments.
- Operate/work with heavy equipment, such as pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Maintain organization of work areas through 6S (sort, straighten, standardize, shine, sustain, safety).
- Involved in the management, maintenance and training on the Site Kan ban Program (or other related material management systems)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience, preferably in a life sciences manufacturing environment.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to interact well with direct and cross-functional team members.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent internal and external customer service.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and balance multiple priorities.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to conduct analysis and resolve problems independently.
- Good presentation skills.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Instructions (WIs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Experience in ISO and FDA regulated environments preferred.
- Experience using an ERP system (SAP preferred, SAP super user a plus).
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Visio experience a plus.
- Lean Six Sigma experience and certification preferred.
- APICS certification a plus.
HS Diploma or equivalent required, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred