What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is at the center of the ecosystem architecture for 5G, Intelligent Edge, and Multi-Access Edge Compute (MEC) enabling applications such as massive IoT, augmented reality, virtual reality, next-gen connected vehicles, aerial drone solutions, and more. This position is within the 5G technology area, with a focus on building technology solutions in the automotive industry using Verizon’s 5G network. In this role, the candidate will lead development, working with internal technology groups and external innovation teams in order to create a software framework to serve new Connected Vehicle (CV) and Autonomous Vehicle (AV) technologies. The candidate will be the architect and primary developer for a software framework that delivers key technologies into the industry andneed to work alongside customers, partners, and other internal Verizon teams, serving as a Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Developing software frameworks using the latest technologies available.
- Functioning as both lead developer and architect for a team of developers, distributed over a geographic area.
- Working with internal technology teams to understand their products/platforms to potentially trial them in conjunction with the software being developed.
- Architecting and developingsolutions in the Connected Vehicle industry.
- Working with cutting edge automotive technologies such as ADAS, AR/VR, IoT, drones, self-driving cars, andsoftware architecture and development.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have...
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of leading large integration projects.
Better if you have:
- A Degree.
- Knowledge of AR/VR, video solutions, self-driving cars, IoT and consumer electronics devices.
- Experience in computer technologies and architectures including O/S, Database, NFV, Cloud and SDN.
- Knowledge of Wi-Fi and Wireless Radio Access Network technology.
- Understanding of message-based transactional bus.
- Experience in building a service-oriented architecture and real-time applications.
- Experience in live testing on vehicle test tracks.
- Vehicle regulatory requirements.
- Real-time data processing and analysis.
- Experience with AI/ML technologies.
- Passion for building new products and superb customer experiences.
- Experience in building strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Good knowledge of 5G and its main advantages.
- Knowledge of self-driving auto technologies.
- Experience in product design and development.
- Experience in managing technology suppliers.
- Experience on application development.
- Versed in networked system and technologies.
- Software skills, using advanced programming techniques, protocols, databases, performance modeling and coding architectures.
- Subject Matter Expertise of connected and autonomous vehicle technologies, including ADAS, vehicle safety standards, vehicular infrastructure, roadside infrastructure and cellular communications.
- Self-Motivation and the ability to work autonomously while acting as a team leader for a virtual group.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with a proactive mindset.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.