What you’ll be doing...
The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Finance organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading Finance practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any Finance professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
Finance Transformation Team
Reshaping the future of Finance at Verizon calls for improving our ability to deliver exceptional value to our customers. Being a part of the Finance Transformation team, you will work alongside financial professionals and business leaders, gaining opportunities to grow and develop to build a strong finance foundation. As a member of the Finance Transformation team, you will use forward-thinking, out of the box ideas and innovation to ensure successful collaboration and transformation of our Finance processes. This role will help to organize, create, communicate, and facilitate activities that allow the company to deliver on its transformation goals while guiding the strategic direction across Verizon. Explore the breadth of opportunities that come with aligning your expertise with the future of superior networks, systems, analytics and video, to improve the way people live, work and play.
- Providing overall strategic direction for the finance teams in the production and delivery of all new or enhanced process designs that allow the company to deliver on its transformation goals.
- Developing approaches and solutions required to implement Finance process transformation and improvements.
- Participating in multiple process development or improvement discussions to help define performance metrics.
- Identifying and exploiting process opportunities with considerations for the functional and logical system design and implementation.
- Making the final reporting and analysis decisions and recommendations to ensure quality, delivery and documentation of all the deliverables.
- Understanding the requirements and priorities around deliverables for Finance Transformation.
- Strategizing with business teams to enable the development, enhancement and creation toolsets and work streams.
- Maintaining accurate status for all owned projects in progress, and owning the creation and delivery to clients on or by the agreed upon frequency.
- Managing workload capacity and bandwidth of the reporting and analysis transformation team, and deploying resources to ensure the quality and timely delivery of projects.
- Partnering with the Business Process and System Improvement team to integrate tools and technologies (i.e. Digital Finance) to produce and consume data enhancing our partners’ reporting and analysis capabilities.
- Managing the employee life cycle processes, including recruiting, performance, development, career and compensation.
- Presenting and communicating to all levels of the business.
- Supervising four or more direct reports.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint.
Even better if you have:
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Experience leading a team.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to focus on the details.
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA).
- Advanced knowledge and technical acumen for the analysis of business results.
- Ability to apply knowledge of FASB and SEC requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and basic knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Experience in the design of inquiries and reports.
- Experience with the design and implementation of financial systems and applications.
- Experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis, and project management.
- Willingness to travel.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.