Apex Systems has an immediate opportunity for a Business Operations Specialist supporting one of our largest financial clients in the Baltimore, MD area. The main function of a business operations specialist is to maintain vendor relationships, acting as a business analyst for non-IT projects or filling organizational roles above an administrative level, but below a management level. Other responsibilities may include maintaining all project management processes, including project goals, deadlines, metrics and budget. The business operations specialist usually reports to a project manager or director.
Location: Baltimore, MD
Duration: 12 month contract
Compensation: Competitive based upon experience
- Establish and maintain communication services across business units or from the project team to the organization.
- Maintain the storage and retrieval of all project communications data and business metrics.
- Review contracts, cost proposals and contract supplements.
- Establish and document business processes.
- Set up project and work breakdown structures.
- Track project budgets and expenditures, monitor transaction controls and costs against budgets.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods.
- Ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed.
- Ability to analyze business trends and project future revenues and expenses.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel; Enterprise Application experience a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in business management, economics, finance, accounting or relevant field required.
- 2-4 years’ experience required.
Required Skills : Word,ExcelBasic Qualification :
Business Analysis, Cost proposal/Analysis, DocumentationAdditional Skills :
Business Analysis, Cost proposal/Analysis, Documentation 12 month contract position
Background Check :Yes
Drug Screen :Yes
Notes :Position will be focused on projects related to vendor management and vendor risk.
Selling points for candidate :12 month contract position
Project Verification Info :
Candidate must be your W2 Employee :No
Exclusive to Apex :No
Face to face interview required :Yes
Candidate must be local :Yes
Candidate must be authorized to work without sponsorship ::No
Interview times set : :No
Type of project :Project Management Office
Master Job Title :Bus. Analyst: Functional
Branch Code :Baltimore