What you’ll be doing...
As a Network Engineer with Verizon's managed network services team, you will work directly with external F500 customers to define requirementsrelating to network transformation, upgrades, steady state engineering support. You will work directly with the customer, build trust with stakeholders, and own the design process as a network engineering subject matter expert. You will work closely with Verizon and customer operations, project management, and engineering teams to ensure the customer’s requirements are met. In addition, you will provide technological vision for network transformation, serve as the engineering team lead back into Verizon, and ensure information is flowing to engineering resources assigned to project.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Create client solutions based on business requirements involving advanced networks, data center, security, and virtualization technologies; as well as development of fault and performance management policies and automation rules
- Proactively manage client engagement at all client levels, technology lifecycle development, and planning & coordination with various internal/external stakeholders
- Support standard and custom solution development initiatives and network management device and application certification for Managed Services solutions and clients
- Collaborate with Engineering/Planning, IT, Product Development, and various Verizon and external delivery and support teams to manage the design and implementation of client projects
- Provide technical trainings and support for the Managed Services Operations team
- Design, implement, and support solutions involving, but not limited to, WAN, LAN, WLAN, VoIP, Data Analytics, Security and Virtual (e.g.; Virtualization, SDN, NFV) technologies
- Analyze, evaluate, and communicate network capacity and performance data with the objective of driving improvements to customer's network
- Provide Matrix supervision of a team for specific projects, resource management, process documentation, and peer mentoring
- Oversee customer network documentation such as solution design document, record of change, and network diagrams
- Act as an escalation point, providing 4th level incident support for customers
- Support and participate in presentations and demonstrations related to technology, process, or client solutions as necessary
- Own design process and address critical issues
- Protect Verizon's customer proprietary network information and Verizon information assets
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or five or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience as a network engineer with experience designing, implementing, and configuring complex enterprise networks, focused on routing and switching.
- Must have led the enterprise routing and switching design effort
- Three or more years of experience as the lead or primary network design engineer of enterprise WAN network design.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Master's Degree and three or more years of experience in technology disciplines.
- Cisco CCNP/CCDP/CCDA/Meraki certification or equivalent practical knowledge, and/or Juniper JNCIS.
- Possess in-depth Juniper & Cisco knowledge with MPLS network architecture and design disciplines, operational support familiarity, previous and current extensive hands-on implementation and thorough configuration knowledge and capabilities for all platform levels.
- Have very strong customer interfacing background, as well as superior oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create technical documentation.
- In-depth knowledge of all routing protocols (For example : BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, GLBP, VRF), Traffic engineering, L2/L3 VPN, multicast & class of service.
- Strong understanding and familiarity with router, LAN switch, application accelerator, wireless controller and IP Voice.
- Disciplined and oriented in practice of and adherence to process and procedures.
- Ability to research technical issues and develop solutions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Achievement orientated.
- Possess problem solving skills including conceptual and analytical thinking.
- Capable of working on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Possess ability to exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.