Position Description/ Requirements
In the space below provide a brief introductory summary about your team and explain the opportunity.
Consider using these questions to get started:
We are seeking a
Lead Data Architect to join our Advanced Analytics capability. We love passionate, forward thinking individuals who are driven to innovate. You will have the opportunity to engage with Business Analysts, Analytics Consultants, and internal customers to implement ideas, optimize existing products, and create high performance, web-based analytics products using powerful, contemporary cloud services. This opportunity engages diverse types of business applications and data sets at a rapid pace, and our ideal candidate gets excited when they are faced with a challenge.
A Day In The Life Could Include:
What You Will Need To Bring With You:
(experience & education required)
- Leverage your experience in data analytics and infrastructure to improve understanding of data assets, and plan actions to improve data quality and usability
- Coordinate with architects, analysts, process SMEs, IT teams, and various other stakeholders to deliver a new enterprise data lake
- Determine relevant data elements and analyze for data quality and alignment to business processes
- Harmonize key data elements and determine appropriate up/downstream impact, in line with MDM governance
- Work with data engineers and/or data analysts to procure data and analyze for data quality and distribution; ensure key elements are harmonized and prepared for effective relational data structures
- Catalog data elements in coordination with analysts, IT, process SMEs and data engineers
- Document data flows and associated key business processes
- Support knowledge documentation
- Collaborate with project managers, development leads, and program manager to present resulting product to stakeholders
- A minimum of 4 years experience leveraging understanding of database technology and analytics to improve data assets and derive meaningful insights
- 2+ years contemporary, hands-on experience leveraging AWS for analysis (S3, Redshift, Athena, Lambda, etc.)
- Advanced experience in data visualization/analysis tools (Tableau, QuickSight, Alteryx) with a strong grasp of effective data modeling and visualization practices
- Outstanding communication skills that enable effective project delivery and drive positive key discussions with customers, stakeholders, and developers
- Ability to assess data quality as part of hands-on completion of successful, complex, data harmonization efforts; understanding of MDM tools and processes.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with either SQL or Python for data analysis
- Experience leveraging a data lake
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, data analysis, statistics or relevant field
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Experience using Matillion with Redshift or Snowflake
- Experience leading an MDM implementation
- Highly experienced in advanced SQL or Python for analysis; understand how to use code source repositories like GitHub
- Understanding of common DevOps and CICD processes and methodologies
- Working knowledge of statistics
Monthly travel to Wichita, Kansas is required. Position can work from Koch offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Kansas City or Wichita. No relocation reimbursement provided.
Required Skills : SQL or Python, AWS (S3, Redshift, Athena, Lambda, etc.)Basic Qualification :
4 years of data analysis experience, 2 years using AWS for analysis, 3 years of experience with SQL or Python for data analysis.Additional Skills :
4 years of data analysis experience, 2 years using AWS for analysis, 3 years of experience with SQL or Python for data analysis.
Background Check :Yes
Drug Screen :Yes
Notes :Remote with some travelTravel twice a month for the first three months (for week long periods) then once a month after the first three months.
Selling points for candidate :
Project Verification Info :
Candidate must be your W2 Employee :No
Exclusive to Apex :No
Face to face interview required :No
Candidate must be local :No
Candidate must be authorized to work without sponsorship ::No
Interview times set : :No
Type of project :Assessment/Analysis
Master Job Title :Data Analyst
Branch Code :Kansas City