1) Salesforce experience
2) Apex experience
Stronger Connections. New Possibilities.
A career with CenturyLink is more than just a job, it's an opportunity to join a company that delivers a comprehensive portfolio of converged voice, video, data and managed services to enterprise, content, wholesale and government customers. Business applications require more bandwidth, and we aim to deliver exceptional value to support efficiency and growth. Our customers partner with our team of over 10,000 dedicated people in more than 60 countries who focus on understanding business challenges, responding with a relevant solution and delivering a consistent, industry-leading customer experience. Whether you are an experienced professional, or just embarking on your career, CenturyLink provides a fast-paced, challenging and supportive environment in which to grow.
Why Join CenturyLink Communications?
We are trusted, reliable and responsive in meeting the needs of our customers. CenturyLink is experiencing tremendous growth and raising the bar in the telecommunications industry. To support our continued success, we are looking for the best in the industry to join our team. At CenturyLink you will receive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits - all with aggressive company contribution, beginning on day one with no waiting periods.
Salesforce CPQ Application Developer position will be part of an Agile software team focused on working closely with clients and other stakeholders. A qualified candidate will work with the Architects, Principal Engineers and the Business Community to identify requirements and develop solutions for telecom Quoting solutions using industry standard development techniques and technologies. This person will be required to work in an iterative development environment. Candidate will be responsible for solving a wide array of Apex, Workflow Rules, and SOQL and related business problems.
* Responsible for software development within the existing APTTUS Quoting system
* Responsible for solving a wide array of Apex, Workflow Rules, SOQL and related business problems
* Work with the Architects, Principal Engineers and the Business Community to identify requirements and develop solutions for Quoting solutions using industry standard development techniques and technologies
* Work with the broader IT team to ensure developed solution implementations conform to quality, performance, and interoperability standards under enterprise guidance.
Education and Experience
* Experience: 5+ yrs
* Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
* Field Of Study: Information Technology
* A combination of education and experience is acceptable: Yes
* Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
* Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
• 5+ years of software development experience with minimum of 3 years developing production Salesforce CRM/CPQ solutions using object oriented design and programming skills
• Strong understanding and practical experience with Sales Cloud
• Extensive experience in development of Triggers, Apex Classes, Standard Controllers, Custom Controllers, and Controller Extensions.
• Experience in creating Visual Force Pages
• Experience with creating and maintaining Workflow rules and Validation Rules
• Experience in creation of unit tests and code coverage
• Experience with Batch Jobs
• Experience with Queueable Jobs
• Experience with deployment using changesets and other tools between sandboxes
• Experience with data migration using Standard and/or Custom tools between sandboxes
• Strong understanding of modern application development lifecycle management (continuous integration, automated testing, agile SCM workflow)
• Proven ability to work in a team setting
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience with telecommunications domain
• Experience working in an Agile development methodology using Scrum practices
• Experience with multiple web services implementation protocols including REST, SOAP
• Experience with industry standard build/deployment tools
• Eclipse IDE
• Modern SCM tooling (Git, Subversion)
• Confident in writing APEX and SOQL
• Ability to write clear, concise documentation
• At least 5 years of APEX,Visualforce, SOQL programming
• Salesforce Certification
• Experience with CPQ
• Experience with APTTUS CPQ
• Experience with JSON
• Familiarity with HTML 5
• Angular/AngularJS experience
• 3+ years’ experience in medium to large application development initiatives/projects
• Proven experience developing and delivering software in corporate contexts
• May provide direction and mentoring to less experienced team members
* Government Security Required: No
Sits five to seven hours per day. Stands and or walks one to three hours per day. May bend, reach, stoop and crouch throughout the day. Should have the ability to hear, speak and see effectively to perform the necessary tasks of this position. Manual dexterity is occasionally required. The position may require frequent movement and activity relating to using keyboards, viewing data on computer displays, and communicating verbally and in writing to the needs of others. The employee-owner may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Working Conditions: Work is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
United States-Oklahoma-Tulsa, United States-New York-Rochester
The senior Salesforce Developer position will be part of an Agile software team focused on working closely with clients and other stakeholders. A qualified candidate will work with the Architects, Principal Engineers and the Business Community to identify requirements and develop solutions for telecom Quoting solutions using industry standard development techniques and technologies. This person will be required to work in an iterative development environment. Candidate will be responsible for solving a wide array of Apex, VisualForce, SOQL and related business problems.
• 5+ years of hands on Salesforce, Apex, VisualForce, SOQL development experience
• Proficiency in HTML, CSS, and SOQL
• Strong knowledge of creating scalable, high-performance web sites
• Strong knowledge of APEX, Visual Force and the Salesforce Cloud
• Possess strong communication skills
• Strong knowledge of creating dynamic client interfaces with AJAX, JSON
• Strong knowledge of cross-browser compatibility concerns and performance
• Strong knowledge of web security concerns and best practices
• Knowledge of networking and how web applications work over the internet
• Knowledge of creating and consuming SOAP Web Services
• Knowledge of concurrency and multithreading
• Experience with secure web development interacting with sensitive data such as credit cards
• Ability to learn. Candidate must show they can adapt to the rapidly changing technology landscape
• Ability to design and implement scalable and flexible solutions
• Ability to support multiple concurrent projects
• Ability to work well with others and work independently when necessary
• Ability to troubleshoot quickly and pay attention to detail
• Ability to take initiative and set a positive example
• Possess strong organization skills