Pizza Hut is looking for a Senior Java Developer with in-depth hands on development experience to work on new application.
The Senior Java Developer’s main responsibility is to design and development the API Layer for new application. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion to code, a curiosity to solve problems in innovative ways, and compassion when working with multiple internal team members to accomplish a shared vision. Some one who also possess a good level of communication to foster collaboration and partnership across a variety of team members.
JOB SIZE: Provide quantitative data such as # of restaurants/markets, sales, budgets, etc. Indicate size of operations for which job is responsible. Indicate domestic/worldwide accountability.
The new application supports all of Pizza Hut US restaurants.
JOB FUNCTIONS: List major job functions using simple task statements. For example: Supervises the construction of all new restaurants. (Include % of time spent on each function.)
Defining customer experience
- Work with Business Analyst, UX Designer and Business Teams and contribute towards customer experience in the tool
- Collaborate with the UI and UX team members during the creation screens and wireframes.
- Contribute towards identifying how to improve the customer's experience in a phased approach
- Use data and prototypes to test concepts and theories
Choose the best technical solution
- Work closely with the solution architects to analyze possible technical solutions for business needs.
- Work in identifying and creating global components that can be reused.
- Using Agile principles; create features and stories to guide development and implementation of the chosen solution
- When required develop code (Proof Of Concept) to test concepts and theories
- On board on the exisiting framework and contribute to adding new modules to the main application.
- Work with CloudOps team to set up the CI/CD pipelines and produce the required documentation to deploy the respective micro services in PH’s AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Evaluate existing framework and come up with recommendations.
- Contribute towards design review and approval process and follow up to closure
- Design and Create application database in MongoDB
- Strong focus on software quality via developer level testing and test automation
Ensure project execution is smooth and on time
- Raise potential scope/technical issues to the team
- Estimate work and be accountable for delivering on tasks and communicate that in a timely fashion.
- Support the entire application lifecycle, including concept, design, test, release phases
Ensure the project's success when launched
- Research competitors and issues in the market that may hinder success
- Work with Marketing and Pricing teams to compete in the market
- Coordinate with Operations and Communications teams to ensure proper use and support of the solution
- Work with Technology Support teams to monitor and ensure the robustness of the solution
Create a solution that the support team can support
- Document all technical design, code, build and release procedures.
- Do the required knowledge transfer to the support team.
- 9+ years of experience in designing, developing and maintaining Java/J2EE, SOA and Cloud based enterprise web applications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent, relevant experience
- Good understanding of cloud-based applications and application deployment
- Knowledge of industry-standard application architectures, design patterns and technology standards and best practices
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Agile development methodology
- Self-Organize and must be able to work under tight deadlines and reliably deliver work of the highest standards on time
- Clear communications and ability to curate information for various audiences
- Deep experience in designing and developing highly scalable, highly available and maintainable internet applications.
- Ability to learn and stay up to date on new technologies and trends
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong sense of ownership
- Extensive knowledge with application development using core Java,Spring and Spring Boot framework
- Good working knowledge of micro services, web services, RESTful interfaces
- Deep knowledge of OOD methodology, Java, XML, J2EE (JSP, JMS, Servlet, JDBC, JPA)
- Good knowledge with cloud computing platforms- Amazon Web Services (ECS, Lambda etc)
- Experience with relational databases and noSQL databases, preferably with MongoDB.
- Experience with Tomcat Servers.
- Experience with Agile Tools and technologies.
- Expereince with maven, Gradle, Git.
- Experience with maintaining CI/CD pipelines and using DevOps tools (CircleCI, Buildmaster, Sonar, AWS Code Pipeline is preferred).
- Experience with Shell scripting is preferred.