Role Title: Data Engineering Consultant – Data Platform
The Location: New York, NY 10041
You live to break down and solve complex problems by creating practical, maintainable, and scalable solutions. You're a great person that willingly collaborates, listens and cares about your peers. Then you have the best premises to join our team.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Scalability and hardening of the data platform. Design and implementation of Multi-tenancy, High-availability, Failover, and Disaster Recovery architectures that delivers high-performance data storage, processing, analytics and delivery capabilities.
- Collaborate closely with the Director of Data Engineering as well as our development team in offshore.
- Work with and drive the integration of best-in-class technologies in BI, Big Data & Cloud
- Proven technical leadership experience in development, testing and implementation of large scale, complex technology projects.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Masters degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5-10 years experience in Solutions Architecture and all of its phases (Data, Application, Infrastructure)
- 3-5 years experience working in Big Data and Cloud Technology transformation projects running in production environments.
- At least 3 years experience in a global scale organization ideally in commodity and/or financial markets working on relevant Big Data and IT projects as cloud engineer.
- Experience in Apache Kafka a must.
- Experience in Apache Spark a must.
- Experience in container technology (docker) and Kubernetes a must.
- Experience in Data Lake implementations using technologies such as AWS Lake Formation.
- Working experience Real-time processing (stream technology).
- Working experience in Serverless technology (AWS Lambda)
- Working experience in Graph Technologies.
- Good understanding of Machine Learning, Deep Learning and AI concepts using latest technologies (e.g. AWS SageMaker. Comprehend and/or DeepLense).
- Ability to effectively communicate & collaborate across multiple non-technical functions within the organization (e.g. Product Management, Sales, Marketing, Editorial, ...).
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. Ability to focus on relevant business metrics and topline growth.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
Preferred candidates do also provide:
· Deep commodity market and/or financial market understanding and significant working experience.