What you’ll be doing...
You will be joining a fast paced and growing team! The Verizon Global Presales organization is comprised of specialty focus business development teams, across complex and advanced solutions. As part of the Professional Services (PS) group, you will be a dedicated Business Development Partner who drives revenue, growth and scale working side by side with core sales teams.
The PS Business Development Partners bring expertise in consulting, design, and implementation to Verizon’s Business Group customers. The Business Development Partner will be aligned to a specific vertical, responsible for driving Professional Services revenue through strategic portfolio planning with Managing Directors. The position is a semi client-facing role, working with C Level Executives at select Verizon customers as a trusted advisor/ partner. You will also work as a cohesive team, with other Business Development Partners to consolidate and communicate trends and challenges and identify ways to scale the PS business across the Americas portfolio.
- Develop strategic plans with Managing Directors for respective portfolio/vertical.
- Drive portfolio pipeline management and funnel acceleration.
- Communicate gaps-to-plan and current status on weekly, monthly & quarterly reviews.
- Client-facing role as per strategic plan to accelerate high-value, high-propensity opportunities.
- Lead Account Executives and Managing Directors on how to position Professional Services.
- Drive monthly SFDC hygiene & reconciliation for forecast accuracy and accountability.
- Drive book to bill revenue acceleration.
- Assess and communicate associated risks to vertical forecast and specific accounts.
- Partner with cross-functional Prof. Services teams to develop integrated end-to-end solutions for customers.
- Partner with bid management organization to teach Sales how to build out detailed RFP responses and contract development.
- Work as a team with Business Development Partner peers to identify trends and areas of opportunity to scale Professional Services sales.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of experience in providing managed IT and/or Telecom services to enterprise clients (Public or Private) at the CxO level.
- Five or more years or experience in a customer facing technical consulting role (i.e. Solutions Architect, Portfolio Partner) assessing and advising the clients of their current and future needs.
- Willingness to travel.
- Valid driver's license.
Even better if you have:
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science related discipline or equivalent work experience. MS/MBA level education.
- Consulting for large scale complex, multi-departmental solutions.
- Demonstrated and verifiable track record of prior successful customer engagements. (Examples of solution designs, statements of work and/or technical project plans to be provided.)
- Strong knowledge of one or more specific vertical businesses for which the enterprise architecture is being developed - Hospitality, Media, Manufacturing, etc.
- General knowledge in all of the following with an in-depth knowledge in the development and implementation of at least (2) technologies: Advanced Networking, (5G), Cloud, Security, Mobility, IOT, M2M.
- Strong communication skills in verbal and written to deliver customer presentations aimed at aligning technical solutions with business value.
- Experience preparing customer-facing material such as RFP responses, proactive proposals and solution designs.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects across various organizations and global regions.
- Strong leadership, negotiation, conflict resolution and consensus-building skills with business and technical groups.
- Experience in sales or service of Fortune 500 companies.
- Successful project delivery in a Fortune 100 company.
- Successful delivery with matrix reports in a cross discipline project.
- “Big 5" consulting experience.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.