What you’ll be doing...
The Capital Strategy & Analytics team is hiring a data driven core network subject matter expert to join a high profile, high visibility team that powers Network analytics and strategic thinking for Verizon. You will be part of a team that drives business decisions and optimized capital investment for the Verizon Networks. That includes building tools, creating analyses, and discovering insights into the Networks that can be used to optimize the capital plan.
You will be a key member of a team that creates actionable, operational and strategic insights for senior leaders in the company across multiple organizations. You will be part of the team that shapes multi-billion dollar investments for the nation’s largest and best networks and guides Verizon into future network investments. This is a job for an intelligent, quick, forward-thinking, network savvy, data passionate thought leader. You should have exceptional networking skills and preferred experience working across areas and levels of an organization. Specifically, you will be leading a group of data scientists in the development of network specific aspect of capital models that optimize network investment and capacity deployment for various networks.
- Using statistical modeling and analysis to understand relationships between diverse forms of network data, customer data and business KPI's.
- Leading strategic efforts across the Network organization, leveraging advanced analytics to optimize processes and procedures that lead to improved Network KPIs, capital optimization and cost reduction.
- Researching and developing analyses, forecasts, and optimization methods to improve the Network quality of service; example application areas include throughput optimization & end-user behavioral modeling.
- Making business recommendations (e.g. cost-benefit, forecasting, and experiment analysis) with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information.
- Defining key success metrics and create dashboards/reports to communicate results and monitor KPIs.
- Leading the creation of new data processes as identified through industry benchmarking and collaboration with Verizon's data scientist community.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, adapt to changing priorities and meet aggressive deadlines.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Experience with operations, engineering, design or planning in one or more of the following areas: Transport Networks: Unified Transport, Optical, Ethernet, Cell Site backhaul, long haul transport and/or Core Data Networks: SDN, OTNGN/COIN, MPLS, routing/switching, IPv6, LAN/WAN architecture, firewalls.
Even better if you have:
- Degree in Math, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Econometrics.
- Master's degree or PhD in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Economics, or a related field.
- Experience in Voice: Switching, tandems, and peering, SS7, VoIP, SIP, SBC, NNI and gateway platforms.
- Experience in Video: VOD, video distribution router.
- Experience with Core planning computing: SDN, NFV/Virtualization, databases, capacity planning and performance testing.
- Knowledge of data center and/or central office infrastructure, UPS, cooling, and space/power planning.
- Experience with quantitative modeling, statistics, or data mining.
- Experience working with SQL and statistical software packages like R, Matlab and SPSS.
- Experience leading a team.
- Experience with visualization software like Qlikview, Tableau, or Excel.
- Coding experience (e.g., R, C/C++, Java or Python).
- Experience in a Capital Modeling or Business Predictive Analytics role.
- Knowledge with systems such as PeopleSoft, FUZE, Atoll, SiteTracker, NSAP, VSAP, CCP, vPlan, vBuild, FRR, PIMS, WFM, etc.
- Willingness to travel.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.