Description of Duties:
The Analytic Applications Specialist supports the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Integrated Research and Development for Enterprise Solutions (IRES) contract. The candidate will:
- Collaborate with business units and end users to identify application requirements and use cases
- Identify best analytic applications to address requirements and make recommendations to the data management team to support data analytics as a service.
- Develop queries and implement data presentation strategies by way of the application user interface (UI) and support the development of custom dashboards and Common Operating Pictures (COP).
- Work with data scientists, data analysts, and developers to build and maintain an end‐to‐end user experience and interface based on business, functional, and performance requirements.
This position is located at Schriever AFB, CO.
This position will be posted for 14 days ending on 08 October 2019. If a candidate has not been selected at that time, it will continue to be posted until a suitable candidate is selected or the position is closed.
Must have one of the following combinations of education and experience: HS Diploma (or GED) and 16 years of general experience; Associate’s degree and 14 years of general experience; Bachelor’s degree and 12 years of general experience; Master’s degree and 10 years of general experience.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years professional experience with one or more of the following: Data Analytics, Data Visualization.
- Experience must be in one or more of the following: Elasticsearch, Canvas, Kibana Dashboards, KQL, ES SQL, Vega, Vega-Lite, Lucene Query Syntax, Painless Scripting Language.
- Must have DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II certification or higher or able to obtain certification within 30 days.
- An active DoD Secret clearance or able to obtain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Elastic Certifications
- Experience building and deploying Elastic stack large scale machine learning jobs.
- Experience in large development initiatives, developing high volume and high velocity database applications.
- Experience with Java, Scala, C#, Ruby, Bash, Node.js
- Experience with JSON, XML, CSV, Parquet
- Experience working with Logstash, Beats, and APIs
- Experience working with Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Impala, Spark, HUE
- Experience querying relational and non-relational database
- Familiar with the ETL process
- Familiar with network data such as ACAS, HBSS, SCCM, Active Directory, IPAM, NetMRI, and various system log
- Familiar with UNIX operating system
- Agile methodology and public or private cloud experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work both independently and in a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work with minimal oversight.
- Willing to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.
: United States-Colorado-Schriever AFB-20348-SHRV
: United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Feb 13, 2020, 11:17:48 PM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
730 Irwin Ave
Schriever AFB 80912