Description of Duties:
The Mid-Level Cyber SOC Security Engineer supports the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Integrated Research and Development for Enterprise Solutions (IRES) contract. The candidate will:
- Provide real-time monitoring and analysis of insider and external vulnerability threats utilizing network security tools.
- Perform CSSP duties by proactively and reactively analyzing and guiding remediation for vulnerabilities on customer networks to improve enterprise-wide security posture.
- Perform and analyze vulnerability scans without impacting network operations utilizing Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS/Nessus) scanning tool.
- Perform network security threat/impact assessments and prepare assessment reports.
- Support Anti-Malware program, forward alerts and warnings to customers, respond to customer malware reports and assist in implementing protective/anti- malware measures.
- Assist with the Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) program; to include dissemination, monitoring, and tracking of IAVM notifications to customers; review of IAVM Plan of Action and Milestones; and provide technical assistance as required.
- Assist with host-based security across the enterprise utilizing DoD Host based Security System (HBSS), to include: anti-malware, host-based intrusion protection system, data loss prevention, and rogue system detection
- Support Incident Response across the enterprise IAW DOD regulations and instructions
- Generate vulnerability assessment reports for customers and escalate for further review.
- Create, update, and manage queries and dashboards pertaining to HBSS, ACAS, and related security tools.
- Support the review and update of CND procedures, processes, manuals, and other documentation
- Trains Junior level personnel
The successful candidate will:
- Be willing to work rotating shifts in a 24x7x365 operational environment and respond quickly to emergencies as needed
- Have analytical or statistical capability to gather, process, and provide conclusions on data gathered in support of CSSP OPS.
- Have the ability to work in a Team Environment that is geographically dispersed
- Be able to multi-task and prioritize various projects and assignments in a dynamic work environment in order to meet scheduled/unscheduled customer requests
- Have a proven aptitude in oral and written communications, with excellent technical writing skills
- Be willing to travel 25% of the time
This position is located at Schriever AFB, Colorado Springs, CO.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 3 days. If a candidate has not been selected at that time, it will continue to be posted until a suitable candidate is selected or the position is closed.
Resumes, in month and year format, must be submitted with application in order to be considered for the position. The selected candidate will be assigned as an employee for Jacobs or one of the following teammate companies: HX5, GCS, ERC, MEIT or Aerodyne.
Must have one of the following combinations of education and experience: HS Diploma (or GED) and 6-8 years of general experience; Associate’s degree and 4-6 years of general experience; Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of general experience; Master’s degree and 0-2 years of general experience.
- Must have at least 4 years of directly related experience in relevant business systems, operating systems, and servers and/or experience in light programming, project management of small initiatives, and troubleshooting
- Must have at minimum a DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II certification with Continuing Education (CE) - (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP)
- Must have a DoD 8570.01-M CSSP Auditor Certification (CEH, CySA+, CISA, GSNA, CFR)
- Must have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with most MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)Must be able to multi-task and prioritize various projects and assignments in a dynamic work environment in order to meet scheduled/unscheduled customer requests
- Associates or Bachelors in Cybersecurity or related field
- Experience performing security compliance scans across a WAN (ACAS/Nessus preferred
- Background to include configuration, troubleshooting, and deployment of host based security (HBSS preferred)
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT III or IAM III Certification (CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH)
- Be able to obtain a DoD Top Secret clearance
- Familiarity with Security Operations Centers (SOC)/DoD DCO/Cybersecurity Service Provider (CSSP)-guiding security policies and procedures
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Colorado-Schriever AFB-20348-SHRV
: United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs
: Yes, 25 % of the Time
: Feb 14, 2020, 2:44:46 AM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
730 Irwin Ave
Schriever AFB 80912