Job # 539845
What you’ll be doing...
The Systems Engineering team provides end-to-end detailed engineering, simulation and analysis of wireless and wireline systems as typically defined by the Industry Forums and Network Planning to assist the Network Engineering teams in the development, deployment and troubleshooting of complex systems. Responsibilities will include creating next-generation wireless and wireline service simulation and analysis enablement frameworks.
- Reviews Simulation and Analysis Framework requirements and specifications.
- Details Analyzer Framework Interface Specification.
- Maintains the System Engineering Simulation and Analysis Framework through collaboration with internal GN&T organizations and external partners.
- Maintains System Engineering and Integration Best Practices and Processes.
- Maintains High-level Framework Architecture, Preliminary Analyzer Interface Specification and design documents.
- Coordinates System Engineering Simulation and Analysis Framework releases.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Experience in developing software and / or deploying enterprise applications.
- Strong project management skills to execute on roadmap.
- The ability to work on a team and collaborate effectively.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with Programming / Scripting languages (Python, Java, Perl, C#, C++).
- Ability to facilitate collaborative resolution of differences with a “win-win” approach.
- Knowledge of major telecommunication ecosystem partners.
- Experience utilizing system diagnostics to troubleshoot issues and / or predict performance.
- Familiarity with LTE, 5GNR, VoIP, WiFi, wireless protocols, and wireless standards.
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Familiarity with diagnostic and simulation applications (e.g. Wireshark, Matlab, OPNET, NS-3, etc.).
- Understanding of SW development processes and maintenance best practices including the Agile Methodology.
- Familiarity with cloud computing infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, etc.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.