Job # 515756
What you’ll be doing...
As Wireless Radio Access Network Evangelist & Architect you will keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. You will analyze and recommend to executives technical trade-offs in product development with engineers. You will help manage fast-changing business priorities and interface with stakeholders up to Senior Vice presidents.
As part of the architecture team, candidate will play a key role in developing next generation private wireless network. You will be responsible for identifying opportunities and driving the progress of various initiatives that will impact how people access Internet across US. You possess a mix of computer, RF and network engineering background along with experience in the mobile industries. You are also equally comfortable working with hardware components and design, as well as software development lifecycle. As a Wireless RF System Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, integration, and validation of private wireless networks for our enterprise customers, with particular emphasis on LTE, 5G and Wi-Fi.
- Be responsible for architecting, designing, and validating private enterprise networks using 4G, 5G, and Wi-Fi technologies with licensed, unlicensed, and shared spectrums
- Develop partnership strategy based on research, expertise and understanding of the Access sector (e.g. Wireless, Wi-Fi, fixed line infrastructure, spectrum, etc.) landscape and trends.
- Possess strong technical knowledge of the wireless network, including the RAN and Core. Take ownership of network projects, identifies and forges new processes to optimize network performance.
- Will develop excellent working relationships with Network Operations Teams, Territory Planning/Project Teams, and Regional Teams (Data Performance, System Performance, Engineering & Operations).
- Author and collaborate on Technical Requirements, Specifications, Proposals, High Level Designs, and other applicable engineering documents.
- Ensure end-to-end organizational alignment between all engineering and program management organizations as well as business stakeholders to ensure feasible implementation and successful market launch.
- Negotiate and manage vendor statements of work and relationships.
- Technical development with emerging technology partners.
- Independently manage complex technical projects.
- Develop novel network management systems, including SON.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- RF wireless work experience (more than 30 GHz).
- Experience and knowledge of millimeter regulations and standards (e.g.3GPP, ETSI/FCC, 802.11ad, WiHD).
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering preferred, or six or more years of professional experience with wireless packet data and IP internetworking technologies.
- Solid understanding of state-of-the-art transceiver architectures, silicon technologies, and advanced multi-antenna systems; analog/digital beam forming, MIMO, MU-MIMO.
- Deep knowledge of wireless technology landscape including experience with cellular wireless standards (GSM/EDGE, CDMA, UMTS, LTE, 5G). Background in network infrastructure plus the proven ability to work in a client facing role.
- Wireless expert with strong hands-on technical skills and the demonstrated ability to work across disparate groups including sales, operations, product management, and engineering.
- Detailed understanding of3GPP specifications and worldwide spectrum and telecommunications regulations.
- Excellent theoretical and practical experience in transmitter and receiver design, antenna characteristics, and cellular network design, including back-end systems, 5G, LTE and SON technologies.
- Experience working in both start-up and corporate environments, with international Telco’s and carrier/agency certification, and a demonstrated ability to formulate data driven proposals.
- Highly proficient in understanding data network elements including MME/SGW/PGW/PCRF, NGC and HSS/AAA across technologies such as 1xRTT, EV-DO, LTE, 5G
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.