Job # 539690
What you’ll be doing...
When there are network outages or service issues, you’ll be there to triage the situation, solve the problem or find higher level technical support who can. You will support core systems such as the Global VoIP, TDM and Global SS7 switching networks. Your role providing Tier 1 support and network surveillance will keep things running smoothly and change the way that our customers live, work, and play.
- Monitoring switch and data network elements and responding to network alarms and events.
- Performing initial trouble triage and resolving and/or escalating issues.
- Communicating technical information and issue status to customer service centers, technical support organizations and management teams.
- Generating, managing and updating problem-tracking tickets, flash notifications and escalations.
- Providing timely and accurate network information to management and other groups during network events and major outages.
- Supporting iEN turn-ups directly in a combination of remote web-based assistance and rotating site visits.
- Interfacing with the central support team for task based operating systems.
- Assist in needed software upgrades to reduce delivery intervals.
- Providing personalized training tailored to individual skill level.
- Driving timely resolution of inventory and At Your Service (AYS) issues while technicians continue with other turn-ups.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Knowledge in Ethernet & OTN over MPLS; GMPLS Controlplane; OAM - Operations, Administration & Maintenance; FCAPS -Fault, Configuration, Accounting, Performance, and Security; or Packet based Network Modernization & Migration.
- Knowledge specifically tailored to Cisco NCS 2K, 4K and Ciena 6500T.
- Experience working on traffic bearing network equipment.
- Experience providing technical support and/or managing complex processes and driving results.
- Ability to learn Transport software platforms, test set operations and be prepared to learn new technology as it enters into the Verizon Network.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Desktop computer skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.