Job # 540644
What you’ll be doing...
Join our Global Technology Solutions (GTS), Consumer IT SOX Compliance Team focused on the planning and successful completion of SOX audits. You will take ownership of identifying issues and driving remediation of SOX Audit findings for the entire Verizon Consumer IT portfolio. You will partner with Verizon Risk Management & GTS Application Development teams regarding adherence to SOX controls and processes. They investigate, help design, and implement methods to automate SOX controls. You will act as a SOX compliance subject matter expert and provide guidance to GTS developers to ensure SOX controls are fully understood and properly executed.
You will play a key role in the development and implementation of a consistent, repeatable SOX control process. Support alignment of start /end points within all workflows required to support end to end SOX audits.
- Develop and implement action plans designed to maintain a high level of SOX performance.
- Through integration and active involvement with various CISO strategy, architecture and incident, education and awareness, and risk programs, maintain a comprehensive understanding of the company's threat landscape to ensure the Security Focal Points are focused on the correct priorities.
- Work independently to coordinate and lead cross-organization technical teams to plan and execute complex, UAR/SOD process audits.
- Review regulatory, legal, contractual and internal policy developments in order to develop practices within the business unit to effectively mitigate and ensure information and data security.
- Identify portfolio risks raise awareness and drive resolution.
- Manage and improve processes to eliminate remediation actions.
- Provide delivery of quarterly User Access and Segregation of Duties control reviews for the entire GTC VCIT portfolio.
- Research and recommend process improvements and automation opportunities.
- Provide leadership and direction to peers and key stakeholder groups.
- Provide security and SOX training and support to the application and support teams.
- Support of varied operational solutions in support of SOX processes and Controls.
- Create reports for executive leadership on security status.
- Drive and track progress on security tool adoption.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Certifications: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- Knowledge of SOX compliance, the User Access Review and Segregation of Duties processes.
- Experience in IT SOX and audits.
- Knowledge of IT Systems and DevOps.
- Knowledge of OWASP vulnerabilities
- Ability to build relationships with IT and Risk Management partners.
- Microsoft Office/ G Suite experience.
- Written, oral communication, analytical and time management skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.