Job # 540643
What you’ll be doing...
Join our Global Technology Solutions (GTS), Consumer IT Security Compliance Team focused on the planning and successful completion of SOX controls and multiple security audits. You will partner with the GTS Application Security team, Verizon Risk Management & GTS Application Development teams to develop and implement policies and procedures to maintain security standards. You will lead a team of SOX and Security Compliance Auditors responsible to ensure all impacted Verizon Consumer IT (VCIT) applications adhere to SOX controls and processes and take all steps necessary to reduce all security vulnerabilities.
- Participate in development of repeatable SOX controls process.
- Ensure VCIT SOX controls are executed timely with no errors.
- Ensure all security vulnerability monitoring is on track for the VCIT Portfolio ( IP and Source Code scans … ).
- Develop lessons learned with process plans to mitigate issues in the future.
- Provide weekly VP/ CIO level security status.
- Develop centralized tracking to create visibility into SOX and security targets, risks and status.
- Partner with GTS application security team and create a plan to improve NIST maturity. Convert the plan into executable actions for the VCIT organization.
- Lead a team of Compliance Auditors.
- Attracts, retains, and leads a team of employees by educating, developing and managing them to deliver strong results.
- Responsible for all aspects of their team’s performance management activities including goal setting, conducting reviews, check-ins and employee engagement.
- Assist in developing security and SOX training.
- Develop a plan to introduce new security initiatives, programs and processes as well as changes to existing ones.
- Ensure security controls are built into SDLC.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Certifications: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- Knowledge of SOX compliance, the User Access Review and Segregation of Duties processes.
- Six or more years of security, SOX and leadership work experience.
- Experience in IT SOX and audits.
- Knowledge of IT Systems, DevOps and SDLC.
- Working knowledge of the NIST framework.
- Working knowledge of OWASP vulnerabilities.
- Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to build relationships with IT and Risk Management partners ; including experience creating and maintaining partnering relationships with business leaders at VP, SVP, CIO levels.
- Possess strong Microsoft Office/ G Suite experience.
- Written, oral communication, analytical and time management skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.