Our Principal Software Engineers are the best and brightest in the industry. Their passion for the mission and ensuring customer success is second to none. A day in the life of our engineers includes working closely with the Scrum Master assigned to the project, coordinating and prioritizing development activities with their team which may include Java engineers, UI/UX designers and engineers, automation engineers to quickly deliver new and innovative solutions. Our Principal engineers fully understand the technical stack, they functionally design and code with the team, and have the technical depth/breadth to work alongside all engineers of the team. Principal engineers work diligently to fully comprehend product owner requirements and facilitate the definition of success criteria for all worked performed by their teams. Principal’s engineers also work closely with other principal engineers to share new and innovative ideas and principals across the teams, allowing a cohesive design and delivery pipeline. Being in a lead role provides you the opportunity to mentor and shape the future direction of the team, and we encourage all our principal engineers to build the next generation of successful leaders by mentoring them on all aspects of the software delivery pipeline. If your passion is to lead challenging and rewarding technical solutions for a mission driven customer, then seriously consider this opportunity. Our management and leadership team focuses on enablement of our engineers; we encourage team cohesion and independence with principal software engineers afforded significant latitude to deliver solutions for our organization.
- Design, develop, enhance, debug and implement software as part of several key initiatives in support of the FBI.
- Address problems related to systems integration and compatibility with multiple platforms, providing technical leadership and supervision of others during the project.
- Design and develop Java software applications, yep you will need to roll up your sleeves as well.
- Work independently on tasks and initiatives if requested.
- Work on complex tasks requiring extensive problem solving abilities.
- Work in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of ORM tools and persistence of large transactional data
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience 10 years of full life cycle and agile software development. Qualified candidates must possess a Top Secret clearance.
- Possess the ability to understand a large monolithic program, and assist with it continuous evolution to a microservices design pattern.
- Possess full understanding of how to deploy products into a production environment in support of DevOps culture. Be well versed in full lifecycle development with a strong understanding of UI/UX front end development leveraging tools such as AngularJS and Bootstrap.
- Understand multilevel network environments and activities required to pass data between them.
- Qualified candidates must possess a Top Secret clearance.
- Working knowledge of jQuery, Hibernate, Eclipse - Experience in an Agile Development Environment.
- Ability to communicate business needs to technical teams.
- Previous experience leading Agile Development teams of various skillsets and backgrounds to include, developers, DBA's, Business Analysts, etc. to ensure team success.
- Have successfully lead a team of 5 to 7 members from story creation to deployment.
- Understand Cloud computing environments and the complexities involved with developing systems that operate in them.
- Additional preferred skills/experience:
- Ansible scripting - Linux shell scripting - Python scripting - SOLR - SQL - Android mobile programming - Advanced Spring, Spring MVC, Spring ORM, etc.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.
Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%).
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-District of Columbia-washington-20357-DC10
: Feb 15, 2020, 3:10:32 AM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
1200 Independence Ave SE