• Utilizes Linux scripting and programming languages (e.g., Go, Python, Ruby, C, C++), for software development and software design of systems using cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and OpenStack.
• Works individually or as part of a team to develop, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
• Conducts technical integration activities with peer organizations and customers.
• Understands the system at a technical level and works with peer and customer organizations to achieve integration which may include high level activities like integrating the system with a peer system, or low level activities such as assisting with a customer's data flow.
• Resolves software report problems.
• Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components. Conducts research in design, development, testing and utilization of electronic data processing software.
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
Ensures software standards are met. Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Confers with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces. Designs, develops and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design. Coordinates software system installations and monitors equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
Recognized expert within the company, who designs, researches and develops highly advanced applications, which may result in new product/business opportunities for the company. Leads efforts to capture new business through technical work and capability briefings.
Bachelor's (or equivalent) with 13+ yrs of experience or a Master's with 11+ yrs of experience.
• Experience with Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu)
• Experience with programming Languages such as Go, Python, Ruby, C, or C++
• Experience with test automation software to develop automated test beds and data sets used to validate integration of new capabilities
• Experience working in a DevOps environment (e.g., automated deployments, system configuration, testing/validation)
• Experience with Linux Scripting
• Experience with Infrastructure As A Service (IaaS) technologies such as Amazon Web Service (AWS) or Open Stack
• Experience with tools such as Ansible, Salt, Puppet and Virtualization
• Technical experience with data flows TCP/IP networking, Linux, Git, security plans, software architecture, etc.
This position requires a Top Secret/SCI security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government. Factors considered for a U.S. Government Security Clearance include, but are not limited to:
• U.S. Citizenship (Required)
• Favorable Criminal History Check
• Education Verification
• Abuse/Illegal Drug Use
• Credit Check
• Subject Interview
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Maryland-Hanover-20358-MD22
: Feb 15, 2020, 3:00:52 AM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
7100 Standard Dr (LM Bldg) 7235 Standard Dr (CACI Bldg)