Job # 540383
What you’ll be doing...
Our Networking team keeps Verizon ahead of the competition. You will be responsible for the installation, monitoring, testing, and maintenance of telecommunications and associated electronic equipment and wiring per specifications and operational procedures, both in technical facilities as well as on customer property. You’ll have a positive impact on our organization, and change the way that our customers live, work, and play.
- Performing testing and diagnostic procedures on equipment according to published equipment standards.
- Performing fiber locates, monitoring of construction activity, fiber splicing and termination. Assembling, installing, and testing transmission equipment channel banks, channel service units (CSU), digital service units (DSU), modems, routers, etc.
- Installing routers, bridges, multiplexers, concentrators, etc.
- Completing periodic maintenance on company transmission equipment, support equipment, and DC power plants.
- Maintaining new and existing circuits through troubleshooting and fault isolation techniques; utilizing local and remote test systems to isolate and resolve customer circuit outages.
- Coordinating the testing and turn up of service with all involved providers until customer's service is up and working.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or one or more years of work experience.
- Willingness to work multiple shifts.
- Willingness to travel.
- Valid driver's license.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- One or more years in telecom industry with knowledge of recent technology and relevant experience.
- Strong telecom equipment installation, testing, and initial turn-up experience.
- Fiber optic splicing and restoration experience. Experience with both AC and DC power.
- Experience interpreting engineering drawings and providing as-built drawings to engineering.
- Two or more years of related technical training.
- Strong knowledge of electronics, electricity, fiber optics, and transmission turn-up and test procedures.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Eligibility to obtain a security clearance for customer locations if required.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.