Job # 539853
What you’ll be doing...
The Technology Development & Planning group is seeking an energetic and experienced Network Design Planner to play a critical role that interprets and translates client network requirements into viable, scalable Core Network solutions that provide customers highly available network services. Supports senior team members to coordinate efforts across the product, engineering, network operations and services teams to provide solution details, cost estimates, and associated materials that connect new applications into the core network architecture.
- Assisting in developing Integration Plans for the Verizon IP and MPLS networks focused on Public IP, Private IP and Wireless. Integration Plans will include forecasting capacity, rollout and building of new service, migration plans of customers, circuits, and traffic.
- Helping develop requirements, drive engineering and operational processes ensuring the plans are executed and report status to upper management on a regular basis.
- Driving evolution of Verizon Converged Core backbone including consolidation of legacy core networks, decommission of legacy equipment and introduction of new network devices.
- Planning of Private IP (PIP) LBGP for consolidation to Converged Core and future evolution of IP VPNs.
- Integrating and planning Ethernet and L1/L2 access for the consolidation of legacy network to a uniform core architecture.
- Partnering with architects and engineers to build strategies for execution, drive and/or facilitate key decisions, influence others and lead change where appropriate.
- Reviewing plans with downstream engineering and operations teams to ensure alignment of direction and budget.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in a network operator environment with Planning, Engineering or Operations experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in Engineering / Computer Science.
- Cisco or Juniper course experience or certifications in IP design, and service provider networking or relevant work experience.
- Experience with IP, MPLS, and Ethernet Services in carrier networks.
- Knowledge of the following protocols/features: IP, MPLS, OSPF, ISIS, BGP, RIP, Multicast, IPv4, IPv6, BFD, QoS, L3/L2 VPNs, LDP, RSVP-TE, OAM, Ethernet and SDN.
- Technical knowledge of Verizon’s Global network including enterprise and consumer access products.
- Ability to present ideas in a logical and compelling manner to both small and large groups.
- Analytical skills and knowledge of traffic flow patterns and network statistics.
- Experience with peering and interconnect related BGP functions including path attributes, communities, MED, multihop, multipath, etc.
- Project management and leadership experience.
- Communication skills and experience with Microsoft Office and G Suite.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.