Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
The Senior Inspector reports to the Resident Engineer (RE) or assigned Project Manager (PM). Experience with Caltrain procedures highly preferred but not required. Candidate will need to be able to work under a Resident Engineer and must have:
• Knowledge of principles, practices, techniques, and terminology of inspection and civil engineering;
• Knowledge of surveying and construction methods, materials testing and equipment;
• Ability to determine quality, materials, and workmanship through inspection, and to determine compliance with specifications;
• Ability to write and prepare clear and concise field reports;
• Enforce compliance with construction contract documents (plans, contract book, etc.)
Sufficient education, training and/or work experience to demonstrate possession of the knowledge and skills, which would typically be acquired through:
• High School Graduate or GED required
• Two years of college in civil engineering or construction management
• 6+ years of experience in rail and transit construction industry is required
• Valid California Driver’s License
Essential Functions: Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Primary Location: United States-California-OAKLAND-US CA Oakland - Grand Ave
Job Posting: Feb 15, 2020, 2:12:08 AM
Job: Project Management
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US CA Oakland - Grand Ave
155 Grand Avenue, Suite 800