The Full-Stack DevOps Engineer works as a key member of the Information Management team supporting the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC). In this role, the Full-Stack DevOps Engineer manages the software build and deploy process. They will be tasked with streamlining product release by automating the build, validation, and deployment process, as well as the environment configuration, performance testing, and other miscellaneous processes in the SDLC. This individual may be assigned development tasks.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Listed in order of time-spent or importance.)
- Accountable for daily build, test, and deploy process.
- Own and drive improvements to build and release scripts, tools, and processes.
- Build and deliver deployment and monitoring capabilities consistent with DevOps models.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to define and implement best practices for configuration management, continuous integration, automated testing and release management.
- Works with architects in transforming high level architecture designs and assists in technical delivery of large scale enterprise projects to implement optimized end-to-end solutions.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
·Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ work experience in IT.
- 5+ years’ experience working with automated build and deploy tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, and Docker.
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Solid knowledge of the following technologies: HTTP, SSL/TLS, REST, SQL, JSON, and Excel.
- Solid knowledge of AIX/Linux.
- Knowledge of Java-based technology stack.
- Relational database experience - MySQL, Oracle, NoSQL, Postgres, Mongo DB and Hive.
- Experience in writing jobs using open source cluster computing frameworks like Spark and Python.
- Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into systems’ design and technical solutions.
- Ability to be flexible when needed, take initiative and demonstrate accountability.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines.
- Ability to work well within an Agile team environment.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours with users in different time zones.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects.
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives.
- Insurance and/or reinsurance industry knowledge
- 8+ years’ experience in programming/systems analysis.
- Databases (Vertica, Impala, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Operating Systems (Unix, Linux, CentOS, Windows)
- Automation Tools (Jenkins, Terraform)
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to talk and communicate with others including telephonically. The employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to feel objects, tools, controls or to keyboard. Vision abilities to perform duties such as analyzing data and figures and/or viewing a computer terminal are required.
Associates are not exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Required Skills : a. Strong Automation experience (jenkins, ansible, docker) b. Python experience c. Vertica experienceBasic Qualification :
Informatica Deployments are main focus now (need someone to come in and take these duties over), Vertica experience is preferred. Jenkins, Terraform, groovy and go are nice to have. need help automating and evaluating processes and devops tools across group. really wanting a true automation person. python experience is nice to have. Security within AWS would be great to have. Personality/Culture fit is important in this group. would like someone that has great communication skills to work across team. Someone that can automate but then help rest of the team understand to use tools after.Additional Skills :
Informatica Deployments are main focus now (need someone to come in and take these duties over), Vertica experience is preferred. Jenkins, Terraform, groovy and go are nice to have. need help automating and evaluating processes and devops tools across group. really wanting a true automation person. python experience is nice to have. Security within AWS would be great to have. Personality/Culture fit is important in this group. would like someone that has great communication skills to work across team. Someone that can automate but then help rest of the team understand to use tools after.
Background Check :Yes
Drug Screen :Yes
Selling points for candidate :
Project Verification Info :
Exclusive to Apex :No
Face to face interview required :Yes
Candidate must be local :Yes
Candidate must be authorized to work without sponsorship :Yes
Interview times set : :No
Type of project :Development/Engineering
Master Job Title :Eng: Other
Branch Code :St. Louis