Aligning technology with business strategy and goals they work directly with the client gathering requirements to analyze, design and/or implement technology best practice business changes. They are sought out as experts internally and externally for their deep functional or industry expertise, domain knowledge, or offering expertise. They enhance Accenture's marketplace reputation.
As a Workday Implementation Project Manager, you will be the person who creates, maintains and directs the tasks on the project plan for the implementation of Workday Human Capital and/or Financial Management software. You may have more than one project to manage at a time, depending upon the project size and complexity.
You report to project executive leadership and take an active role in issue resolution, planning and guiding the project.
The project manager also assists as needed in the sales process including scoping projects and estimating efforts required to complete the implementation.
- Establish and maintain strong client relationships
- Create and deliver project level documentation (i.e., status reports, RAID logs, project plans etc)
- Ensure project is delivered on-time and on-budget
- Maintain responsibility for performance, cost, scope, schedule, quality, and appropriate business measurements
- Assist as needed in the sales process including scoping projects and estimating efforts to complete the implementation
- Ensure projects are properly planned and staffed.
- Track issues and risks, communicate status and escalate concerns applications.
- Work with the client project manager to identify/resolve all issues that could impact project scope and/or time frames.
- Ensure the project is delivered within the budget outlined in the SOW.
- Present client with change orders in the event they're asking Workday to perform tasks that are outside the scope of the SOW.
- Present at Executive Steering Committee meetings as needed
- Work with Delivery Assurance to ensure compliance with agreed to checkpoints.
- Participate in the sales cycle when requested to gather requirements, formulate delivery approach and develop a proposal/SOW.
- Understand and apply Workday and Accenture DayNine methodologies.
- Support innovation through the creation of new industry leading methods and assets
- Existing and up to date Workday HCM certification or Workday Project Manager certification
- 4+ years of consulting experience, most recently in a Senior Consultant, Manager, or similar level role, preferably with a large consulting firm
- 3+ years’ experience managing the implementation of ERP solutions (i.e. Workday, Oracle, SAP, etc)
- 3+ years demonstrated success delivering Workday implementations
- 1+ year of experience as a Workday Project Manager
- 3+ years of experience managing cross functional and technical teams
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 80%
- 3+ years prior experience implementing Workday with a certified Workday implementer.
- Demonstrated strong proficiency utilizing project management tools such as MS Project
- Demonstrated commitment and achievement to delivery excellence and client relationship management
- Thrive in a diverse, fast paced environment.
- PMP preferred
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate and team with others.
READ FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
** Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture. Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Equal Employment Opportunity: All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process. Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women. Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.