Job # 537560
What you’ll be doing...
Join our Information Technology team where you will work on new technologies and will work fairly independently on more complex operational & technical projects, issues, systems and applications. You will use your experience, expertise and skills to solve problems that are more difficult and infrequent.
- Design & Implement Software Defined Network & NFV based product deployment solution.
- MEC based application deployment & lifecycle management.
- Leading NFV service provisioning on cloud & Premise.
- Leading the development of domain based, micro services oriented application architecture – including technology selection (programming language, database design, and interface design).
- Defining application architecture and designing IT solutions for the Virtual Services platform.
- Assisting in the Project planning tasks, Middle-ware application configuration, manage development resources & mentor junior members.
- Developing & building technical resolutions to complex problems that require the use of creativity and makes decisions that impact projects and staff members.
- Designing and developing state-of-the-art middleware/AWS applications across platforms, products and services.
- Agile Implementation & Task Planning: Plan sequence of phased development using agile methodology, to provide continuous improvement to business process and implement business process automation & solutions.
- Designing/Developing future applications for AWS cloud platform.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Experience with technologies like SD-WAN , Security VNF.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience with CNCF tools .
- Experience with Server back end and API/Service development.
- Experience with JUnit/TestNG, Maven, Postgres, UNIX
- Familiarity with network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP.
- Knowledge of industry best practices in enterprise-class software development and agile methodology.
- Experience in cloud computing, a Rules Engine such as DROOLS, Spring Integration, Caching, or any similar technology, mobile web experience.
- Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Knowledge of Cloud networking design and principles using virtual machine and Cloud Computing Environment
- Experience in networking with focus on IP Technologies (including Virtual Network function / SDN)
- Knowledge of web technologies (such as HTTP, Apache, MySQL, or HTTP Proxies).
- Knowledge of architecting and designing Enterprise Systems.
- Experience in security architecture, network and application security protection, prevention and remediation techniques.
- Experience with Cloud, Linux, Orchestration, open source, security or COTS products.
- Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead global cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills, communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong skills within a professional discipline including familiarity with principles, theories, concepts and technologies as well as applied knowledge of established procedures, policies and practice.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.