We are looking for a seasoned analytics professional with experience in master data environments and proven leadership abilities to lead our Asia Pacific & Japan (APJ) Data & Analytics group. This leader will partner with key HQ and regional stakeholders to plan, design, and deploy real-time dashboards and ad-hoc reports to serve the needs of our regional Commercial teams. Working within a small team you will also be the senior regional point of contact for customer Master Data Management (MDM) processes and data quality.
The ideal candidate will have a knack for seeing solutions in sprawling data sets and the business mindset to convert insights into strategic opportunities for our commercial operations. This position will work closely with leaders across sales, services, operations and marketing to support and implement high-quality, data-driven decisions. They will use a combination of analytical and visualization techniques and potentially advanced data modeling and predictive modeling techniques where necessary to interpret key findings and leverage these insights into initiatives that will support business outcomes.
They will lead a team of analysts to take requirements for analysis or reporting and ensure optimal data capture, insights attainment, and reporting capabilities are available, escalating regional needs to global teams where necessary. They will be an expert in defining and deploying these key metrics, reports, and dashboards to provide a 360 view of performance across key internal and customer processes, collaborating with global teams to identify knowledge gaps and developing plans to ascertain critical insights to progress our commercial strategy where necessary.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a commercial analytics strategy in APJ to shape the decision-making process. Promote a culture of analytics in APJ across business functions to foster connected thinking, drive business performance and uncover optimization opportunities for the Commercial organization
- Develop a strategic vision and direction to gather input across service and support, sales, customer care and other groups to assess performance and identify strategic opportunities
- Develop a complete set of leading and lagging indicators that clarify performance. Establish a standardized global set of KPIs across Sales, Service & Support, and Customer Care
- Consistently evaluate performance against KPIs and market data to identify opportunities. Establish monitoring capabilities across business process success criteria
- Identify knowledge gaps and partner across the organization to elucidate insights – this could be done via new data capture, analysis, market research, etc.
- Develop data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support key business decisions.
- Manage and optimize processes for data intake, validation, mining and engineering as well as modeling, visualization and communication deliverables.
- Partner with local and global leadership to drive analytics and reporting outcomes
- Empower end-users to ask their own questions of company/industry data through development and deployment of self-service reporting
- Capture user requirements for standard reports. Define user requirements and work with users to execute projects to meet requirements
- Generate ad-hoc reports for field sales, customer care or service managers and assist in the data mining process upon request
Master Data Oversight
- Own the regional master data processes for the commercial function to ensure that the customer data is maintained and is of high quality in accordance with process requirements and standards
- Project manage as appropriate global and regional customer master data initiatives
- Supervise the implementation of all changes resulting from business projects and data governance improvements into daily operations and take proactive action on all data quality errors to ensure high quality data
- Ensure a high service level for all operational requests relating to customer master data and provide training on the operational processes.
- Understand, develop and communicate master data management principles and data quality standards across the business
- Serve as an escalation point for all incoming customer master related queries and data issues originating due to data quality
- Drive impact analysis of any master attributes, enhancements or change requests
- Perform root cause analysis and resolution as necessary
- Actively seek opportunity to improve Customer Master Data processes and efficiency
- Escalate well defined reports to global analytics team for global rollout
- Act as voice of global analytics team within region and vice versa
- Coordinate testing, lead rollout and education for new analytics functionality with relevant stakeholders
- Work closely with business stakeholders to understand business need and requirements
- Create and maintain user personas, use-cases, and business requirements documents
- Engage key stakeholders and business partners to implement lean process and procedures to adopt at operational level
- Work with people from a variety of nationalities and cultures across the Asia Pacific commercial team.
- Lead a team of Data & Pricing Analysts
- Manage the team workload, performance, risk mitigation, staffing and training to make sure there is appropriate support to maintain service level expectations. Define, log, prioritize, and manage a backlog of work
- Attract, develop and retain talent, helping to guide career paths and driving employee satisfaction
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background:
- Bachelor’s degree, typically in a related field and 7+ years of related experience; or equivalent work experience
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Broad-based experience in either biotech, medical devices or life sciences highly desirable.
- Experience in supporting large organizations around business and general management processes. Experience using analytics techniques to contribute to company growth efforts, increasing revenue and other key business outcomes.
- Strong team player and leader. Demonstrated ability to deliver results through complex cross-functional teams to execute mutually beneficial solutions.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and ability to convey complex ideas in a simple to understand manner
- Proven experience managing, leading and developing a team
- Experience producing business-driven dashboards and reports and developing standardized and meaningful KPIs
- Experience in data visualization techniques and story-telling a must
- Experience in advanced techniques in data modelling, predictive modelling including machine learning a plus.
- Experience in a master data environment including knowledge of key processes leveraging Customer Master Data
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into actionable information
- High-energy strategic thinker; strong analytical and business judgment skills, statistically astute and creative
- Systematic approach to address complicated problems
- Results-driven, goal-oriented mindset to improve our analytics capabilities
- Advanced Excel skills. Previous experience with Tableau; Salesforce.com, SAP, Python, R etc highly desirable
- Excellent attention to detail, working to a high level of accuracy
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.