Under guidance of the Distribution Manager provides supervision and guidance to operational employees. Ensures site and employee performance are in compliance with global standards. Enhance product workflow by implementing materials plans that affect production, distribution, and inventory. Develops under performing areas in distribution and rolls out improvements and provides resolutions to problems. Responsible for maintaining relationships with internal/external customers and partners. Serves as a liaison to other departments including manufacturing, planning, shipping, receiving, and purchasing to resolve issues and implement process improvements. Creates and reviews procedures for warehousing to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize cost. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to: material management, SOP writing/updating, project management, all customer service communications with regards to shipping, receiving, and all site warehouse activities. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
***THIS IS A SECOND SHIFT ROLE. HOURS ARE 11:30am - 8:00pm PST, MONDAY-FRIDAY***
- Oversees the performance and efficiency of warehouse personnel.
- Supervises the performance of site and operational staff
- Ensures WI’s and SOP’s are regularly updated with most recent documents and information.
- Provides metrics and executes analysis used for decision making by upper management
- Works with local and regional management to ensure site alignment
- Evaluates priorities and products to support customer orders and internal requests.
- Evaluates processes in the warehouse according to specifications and delivery of material in a timely manner to support internal customers.
- Ensures cost effective, efficient and traceable movement of company products.
- Supports shipping, logistics and distribution personnel.
- Interacts with vendors and peers in Manufacturing, Production Planning, Customer Service, Sales and Finance to optimize systems and procedures and resolve related problems.
- Acquires and maintains a clear understanding of the technologies utilized in Illumina’s products, parts and services.
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- Strong understanding of personnel supervision and development
- Must have 3-5 years related experience, preferably in a life sciences manufacturing environment.
- Strong leadership skills, with excellent communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of ERP/MRP systems and process knowledge in an ISO/FDA regulated environment.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).
- Strong project/people skills.
- Must have the ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems independently.
- Excellent math skills, strong organizational skills and very detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or business field or related experience.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf