Human Resources Generalist
Why Join Parsons?
Parsons provides complex, solution-oriented services for the defense, intelligence, security, and smart cities markets. Our purpose is to Deliver a Better World. We do this with digitally enabled defense, security and infrastructure solutions. These solutions respond to opportunities created by disruptive technology, expanding global population, urbanization, aging infrastructure and security challenges.
It’s an exciting time for Parsons as we transform from an engineering firm to a technology company. To support this transition our People Department is transforming as well. Our Human Resources Generalist will not only be a key contributor to our strategy to drive employee engagement, but also in the overall transformation of People Services at Parsons.
Supporting our fastest growing market, Cyber Security and Intelligence, this position will execute Parsons’ talent strategies designed to enhance performance, development, retention, engagement and redeployment of employees within markets and projects in collaboration with Senior HR leadership. This will include all talent, performance management and succession programs as well as organizational effectiveness with focus on change management, strategic workforce planning and culture. Working directly with the Vice President of People, Senior Talent Leader, Program/Project Managers and the People Centers of Excellence (COE), this individual will work to enhance organizational capability and work towards creating a high-performance, growth-oriented organization that meets its strategic and operational goals.
Other responsibilities will include support to business priorities such as Business Development, Project Start-ups/Shut-downs, and other key business initiatives requiring strategic talent planning and analytics. This position is based in our Columbia, MD office.
Talent engagement, Development and organization Change Management (40%):
- Influence and develop managers to promote a performance culture through effective utilization of tools such as One-on-One Performance Feedback, Employee & Leadership Development Programs and tools, Individual Development Plans, Coaching/360 reviews, Succession Planning, and High Growth Leadership assessments
- Use talent analytics and other data to build accountability, measure results, and optimize the impact of the talent programs
- Develop and enhance communication to managers and employees to create a culture of engagement, performance, learning, development, and rewards/recognition
- Support managers in organization and culture transformation efforts to achieve a culture of trust, inclusion and accountability
- Work with managers to understand and articulate employee feedback and data to improve overall work environment, inclusive of facilitating actions to address areas needing improvement from a talent perspective
Total Rewards (25%):
- Collaborate with managers and the Global Compensation COE to ensure that employees are compensated competitively in line with comparable market positions. This includes collaborating with Compensation COE to analyze salary planning data and work with managers to recommend job title changes, promotions, and equity adjustments as appropriate.
Strategic Business Support (25%):
- Support overall business development efforts to include pricing, proposal writing, execution risk assessment & mitigation, and/or People strategy development.
- Facilitate workforce planning activities in partnership with managers and their teams including understanding and interpreting internal and external workforce metrics, analyzing work and workforce needs, identifying gaps, and supporting the creation and implementation of plans to close gaps. Provide execution support for international and domestic project start-ups and close-outs.
- Leverage technology to provide managers with insights and data to facilitate decision making.
- Contribute to the execution of overall business strategy by helping business leaders identify, prioritize, and build talent capabilities.
- May work in conjunction with Sr. Talent Leader, COEs and the People Service Center to support mobilization/demobilizations in new geographies or in support of new projects or project close outs; to include benefits, compensation, global mobility. Legal and Shared Services functions.
- Provide support and guidance as needed for employee disciplinary action and termination when elevated through the COE.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year College preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for degree.
- Minimum eight (8) years of HR generalist, business / client facing experience.
- Up to two years of talent strategy, people / leadership development and organizational effectiveness.
- Proven consulting experience in working with managers and other leaders. Experience working in a variety of Leadership Development roles is highly desired.
- Workday and Service Cloud experienced preferred.
- PHR/SPHR a plus.
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.