- Partner with software, bioinformatics developers and domain experts in designing, performing, and improving verification tests for secondary analysis on both local and cloud systems
- Design and Implement automated software verification framework and scripts
- Develop, improve, and maintain automation frameworks and continuous Integration pipelines.
- Develop tools and utilities for Bioinformatics verification and validation.
- Work independently in cross-functional teams to lead the testing effort for data analysis software
- Prepare necessary test artifacts required for formal software / product release
- Carefully analyze and report test results
- Participate in Code and Design Reviews
- Ensure Software Development Life Cycle procedures are followed
- Experience in scripting languages like Python is a must
- Experience in object-oriented programming is a plus
- Strong SW background, including low-level systems and algorithmic complexity
- Familiarity with databases, Cloud computing, and web services is a plus
- Previous working experience involving Bioinformatics software development or testing is preferred
- Proven skills for writing verification plan, protocol, report and all aspects of documentation required for formally releasing a product
- Have an understanding of genetics, NGS technique, and human genome analysis
- Be curious, detail oriented, and analytical, with a proven ability to learn quickly
- Be customer-focused, team-oriented, and motivated, taking ownership of assigned tasks
- Good verbal and written communication and troubleshooting skills
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf