The Director of Operations will have demonstrated success as a central leader of cross-functional teams with a command of adjacent project management areas outside of production. Illumina’s Director of Operations will own the global editorial calendar and make smart decisions about how to prioritize initiatives, assign the right teams and implement strategic, customized processes to get the work done, on-time and on-quality. This role is a team leader, inspired by the opportunity to push teams and the work to new heights. A Director of Operations is five steps ahead, assessing potential issues before they turn into real roadblocks. This leader is empowered to seamlessly collaborate at varying levels of the organization, solve problems and make decisions with the best interest of Illumina shareholders in mind. A “yes…and” growth mentality guides what teams know should be done married with what they know realistically can be done. The aim is not to do what is dictated, rather drive the end-to-end planning and delivery. The Director of Production is an integral link between the creative studio team and leadership, serving as the go-to for stakeholders and vendor partners. Above all, they are an absolutely indispensable part of the creative studio, consistently bringing order to chaos both in the deep details and the high-level vision.
- Provide strategic vision and a true mastery for unravelling complex problems and driving teams to their solution.
- Develop and maintain strong partner/client management skills.
- Be a strong communicator who manages multi-layered read-out and socialization of initiative status, specifically with C-suite and executives.
- Help as a strategic partner to internal teams and partners across a portfolio of products, platforms and experiences.
- Inspire teams and help set the tone for the culture inside the studio.
- Demonstrate and foster great collaborative attitudes.
- Manage multiple projects, partners and team members.
- Deliver on solutions that meet or exceed strategic objectives.
- Provide vigilant oversight, risk assessment and quality assurance on producer strategies, decision-making and deliverables.
- Develop producers as thinkers, leaders, and innovators through leadership, meaningful feedback, timely criticism, and ongoing mentorship.
- Elevate strategic thought and processes within the in-house studio.
- Foster an environment that embodies Illumina’s values.
- Create global operational models and editorial calendars to ensure the correct level of prioritization and accountability is maintained, with a focus on superior program quality and on-time delivery.
- Coach and manage a team for growth, improvement and encourage/recognize team achievements.
- Remove barriers to deliver successful project outcomes.
- Anticipate, recognize and work through resistance or setbacks.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- 10-12 years professional experience as producer, account management or project management.
- 7+ years in a leadership role, managing direct reports.
- Agency/consultancy or in-house studio experience.
- Proved excellence in growing careers and teams.
- Prosocial skills that establish trust with peers, partners and direct reports.
- Work well in a fluid environment with a strong ability to bring order to chaos, create structure and encourage creativity.
- Understanding of agile and creative processes.
- Excellent leadership skills and demonstrated ability to build strong partnerships both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a matrixed environment, and ability to influence at all levels.
- Must possess the ability to work well under pressure and manage a variety of competing timelines, priorities and stakeholders.
- Solution-oriented, with a track record of identifying and implementing innovative solutions.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, including business writing, presentations and fluency with executives.
- An obsession with getting things done.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf