The Synthetic Chemistry group are an award winning team who are passionate about there work and contribution to improving human health.
In line with Illumina's success the team are looking to grow and build upon an already collaborative and rewarding team. They are now looking for a Scientist with experience in Synthetic Chemistry.
You will work alongside experience scientists and play a crucial role in designing and developing novel synthetic nucleotides and dyes that underpin the key chemistries used in Illumina’s SBS technology.
- Design optimal and highly efficient synthetic chemistry routes for target compounds.
- Plan and execute synthetic activities independently in a highly productive manner.
- Record and document synthetic procedures, analysis and results in detail and timely manner.
- Provide supports to development chemists and ensure a successful product transfer into the development phase.
- Coordinate with biochemists and evaluate the performance of target compounds.
- Present results and data to collaborators and extended teams on a regular basis.
- Assist and support routinely in equipment and lab maintenance.
Education, Experience & Attributes required:
- Ph.D. in synthetic chemistry or equivalent.
- Excellent and diverse theoretical and practical chemistry skills.
- Excellent expertise in modern preparative chromatography methods.
- Strong expertise in modern analytical methods (HPLC, Mass Spec and NMR).
- Excellent team player with an ability to work closely multidisciplinary teams
- Self-motivated with excellent organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in heterocyclic, dye or nucleotide chemistry is preferred but not essential.
- Experience in industry would be preferred, but not essential.
- Postdoctoral experience would be preferred, but not essential.
- Knowledge in biochemistry, enzymology or molecular biology would be preferred but not essential.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.