Based out of Illumina's Hayward CA site and also supporting business groups in Foster City CA, serves as a generalist in a variety of human resources activities; serves as first-level counselor and coach to leaders of assigned business groups; conducts investigations and recommends resolution; advises senior leaders on and implements HR plans, programs, practices, and policies; identifies gaps, researches best practices, recommends and implements solutions for the full scope of HR plans, programs, practices, and policies.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop thorough understanding of the company needs and future direction in order to insure business decisions take into account people implications.
- Counsel management on leadership expectations, organization development, management of talent, and communication.
- Serve as subject matter expert on employee relations; investigate and resolve complex employee relations issues and administer HR policies and practices.
- Act as employee advocate, while balancing business needs and requirements.
- Provide coaching & feedback to employees across the organization on how to improve individual performance.
- Conduct analysis of data across all HR disciplines and recommend improvement actions.
- Conduct Exit Interviews and perform qualitative data analysis of turnover, discipline, and other metrics.
- Provide HR guidance to employees and managers with regard to benefits, compensation, training, company policies, payroll, etc.
- Participate in cross-functional work groups to gain and offer HR insight on business and operational challenges.
- Identify and pursue continuous improvement activities to improve HR service delivery.
Preferred Educational Background:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or a related field. A Masters degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience preferably in a technology, life sciences, biotechnology or medical device industry.
- Demonstrated expertise in Employee Relations; broad experience in a variety of HR disciplines (Compensation, Performance Management, Talent Assessments, OD, Employee Engagement)
- Proven track record of leadership with demonstrated ability to develop talent.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with multiple levels and disciplines.
- Familiarity with employment and workplace safety laws and compliance requirements.
- Strong systems, process ability and business acumen is essential.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf