Business Systems Manager – Service & Support
The Business Systems Manager provides technical and analytical expertise in identifying, evaluating, developing system capabilities to enable, enhance and optimize service & support processes and programs. The goal is to improve productivity, efficiency, ROI and user experience for the commercial service & support organization.
The manager will collaborate with multiple functions (i.e. Global Information Systems, regional Service & Support teams, Global Service Operations, Commercial Change Management, Global Training, Global Commercial Operations and etc.) and across the globe to lead review, planning and implementation activities to deliver new system capabilities. The manager leads the day-to-day operation of the services & support enhancement workstream. They may also participate or lead new capability projects. They serve as the subject matter expert for system and tools for the service & support organization.
The position requires strong technical skills, business acumen as well as a high degree of collaboration and project management skills.
- Develops execution plan to implement the operating model for the service & support enhancement workstream and other new capability projects
- Leads core activities of the service & support enhancement workstream to ensure optimum outcomes
- Leads cross functional activities including discovery sessions to identify gaps and opportunities for the existing systems/tools
- Using prioritization methodology, drives cross functional meetings to prioritize new features and functionalities
- Works with process owners and other stakeholders to develop new capability themes as part of roadmap planning
- Gathers business requirements from process owners and regional teams and translates them into technical requirements and stories as needed
- Owns sprint planning with the global information systems team
- Manages UAT planning, execution and reporting
- Facilitates change management activities including impact assessments, release communications and training materials; writes release notes and training documents as needed
- Works with key stakeholders to implement an effective tool to manage enhancement requests and prioritization process
- Measures the effectiveness of newly implemented features/functions, draws lessons and takes corrective actions as needed
- Creates agenda materials in support of workstream’s functional steering committee meetings
- Develops and maintains business requirements, process documents and training materials as needed
- Provides key interface and support to the training team
- Provides domain consultation to team members and users; serves as the global subject matter expert for the service and support systems
- Participates in new projects as needed; takes proactive actions to learn newly implemented systems/tools outside the enhancement workstream
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and applications; participates in technology roadmap planning as needed
- Supplies information for ad-hoc requests from management, internal and external auditors and examiners; assists management with special projects
- Documents system problems, issues, resolutions and escalates as needed
All above listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position. However, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Experience working in an agile/iterative software development environment with related common methods (e.g. scrum).
- Experience with ServiceMax, Salesforce Service Cloud or other service management software
- Experience in customer service, technical support or field service
- Experience in managing the launch of enterprise-wide systems and tools
- Experience in leading cross functional teams
- Experience in developing business requirements, writing user stories and acceptance criteria
- Experience in user test planning and testing
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate and communicate across different levels of the organization
- Minimum B.S. or B.A. degree
- Minimum 8 years of relevant business experience
- 3+ years of Salesforce, ServiceMax or other service management software
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf