Receptionist, Illumina Cambridge
With EMEA Headquarters opened in 2019, our building houses some 500 plus employees, and services as integral meeting space for a wide variety of customers, colleagues and guests alike. Our Front of house colleagues are key to making vistors welcome, ensuring a positive experience when coming to site and answering any queries.
Your empathy and communication skills enable you to make a great first impression, ensuring vistors feel welcomed and looked after, confident in your ability to answer any queries or to direct them to the appropriate resource. You enjoy being at the forefront of the company, multi-tasking to ensure smooth communication with callers, as well as dealing with internal requests for help from colleagues. Listening skills are a given as is problem solving, in return you'll be working with a close knit, friendly team who are supportive and knowledgeable.
Responsible for providing comprehensive Receptionist and Security Services as an integral part of the Global Facilities Department.
- Front of house, meeting & greeting visitors to include visitor processing
- Answering incoming calls to the main number
- Sorting & distributing incoming company mail
- Sorting/informing/issuing staff personal deliveries
- Franking outgoing company mailMeeting & greeting visitors
- Signing visitors in/out using Envoy system
- Collecting signed NDA’s from interviewees & contractors when required
- Taxi bookings for visitors
- Dealing with a variety of staff questions & requests at Reception desk
- Issuing lab books to lab based staff
- Updating lab book records on Box
- Archiving & retrieval of lab books.
- Obtaining copies of signed lab policy forms from new starters & filing.
- Adding car details to Granta Park citysync ANPR system
- Issuing EVS parking permits to staff & updating Box
- Issuing EVS temp day passes to visitors as needed
- Updating telephone ext. list (Illumina Centre only) by removing leavers/adding new starters.
- Scheduling Occupational Health nurse appointments (2 visits each month) & updating Box file accordingly
- Raising occasional P/O’s in Ariba
- Back up to Events Manager for bookings of bridge space meeting rooms
- Ad-hoc tasks as needed/requested
- Professional and courteous telephone manner and in person
- Ability to work independently and with all levels
- Demonstrated customer service and ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Punctual and with good time management skills
- Must be committed and good team player
- Must have proficiency with various software applications programs including MS Excel, Word and Power point
Our team members are bright, energetic, and dedicated—they are the driving force behind our innovation and impact. To attract the best and brightest, we offer a competitive employee benefits program. We view it as a smart investment in our people, one that recognizes the tremendous value they bring to our business every day. At Illumina, we push boundaries. We think beyond the conventional. We dream big. With the energy of so many bright and accomplished people, the opportunities are endless.INDHP
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.