All About Us
Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. As the established global leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of next generation life science tools and integrated systems for large-scale analysis of genetic variation and biological function, our technology changes lives by driving advancements in genomics. These systems are enabling studies that were not even imaginable just a few years ago and moving us closer to the realization of personalized medicine.
We are rapidly impacting markets in areas such as reproductive health, rare disease detection and oncology and continuing to facilitate research discoveries through the provision of tools that deliver value to researchers and enable them to continue to discover advancements in science.
As the Illumina global lead representative for Genetic Disease, this individual will be responsible to develop, implement and actively manage market strategies to support the expansion and growth of Illumina’s technologies with the genetic disease testing and research segments. This will include interfacing with a wide variety of functions internally and externally to support Illumina’s existing business but also identify new and emerging applications across the translational research continuum that will ultimately improve clinical care and human health.
Ideal candidates for this position will have strong knowledge of genomics, clinical and research markets, and an understanding of how genomic technologies are being leveraged to drive discovery, innovation, and care. In this position the candidate would have the opportunity to collaborate across multi-disciplinary, international teams and cultivate key partnerships with KOLs customers and external partners to grow Illumina’s business.
- Work as the global subject matter expert, to help define and advocate Illumina’s strategy to cultivate and further develop the market for genomics technologies within genetic disease testing and research, including:
- Supporting and managing Illumina’s current genetic disease products and applications
- Maintaining a current and clear view of key market dynamics and the competitive landscape
- Identifying emerging research applications that can impact human health and the associated solutions required to realize them
- Identifying and advocating for which applications Illumina should focus on to develop directly (or with partners) as part of its product strategy and roadmap
- Providing key product, application and software requirements for internal/external product development partners
- Develop go to market strategies and drive execution of those strategies with clear milestones and action plans. Ability to assess market potential and align company initiatives with Illumina’s strategic position.
- Work closely with the office of the CMO, Market Access team, internal commercial and regional partners to define strategies and collateral to position Illumina as a key provider and enabler of genetic disease applications and clinical solutions. In addition, work with these parnterspartners to assess and support health economic and clinical utility studies and evidence to drive reimbursement across payer/provider networks and regional/national health systems.
- Leverage and communicate market information internally to best inform Illumina’s product development and market entry strategies including new application development, or collaboration around clinical utility/validation for emerging applications or indications. Synthesize customer experiences and desires into requirements (including key applications and workflows) and communicate back into global segment marketing including internal product development partners across a variety of functions.
- Assess, understand and report on the progress of key genetic disease opportunities globally, and in partnership with regional leads. Identify key drivers and moderators and recommend strategies and tactics necessary for moving opportunities from concept to fruition. Provide quarterly business reports, integrating all regional perspectives and trends to feed into the Quarterly Executive Review process.
- Represent Illumina’s mission and strategies to potential customers and partners. Play an active role in initiatives to build a positive and favorable image for Illumina with key organisations. Position Illumina as a key strategic partner, such that they become both regional and global exemplars of best practice.
- Prioritize opportunities where Illumina is viewed as a key strategic partner.
- Leverage Illumina’s global position and collate information from leading genetic disease KOLs and associated programs that can direct optimal design, strategic choices and direction of collaborations and programs in the regions. Liaise with regional and global counterparts as required.
- In partnership with other regional ILMN stakeholders, build and manage close relationships with KOLs. Partner with industry and global thought leaders to design and manage collaboration opportunities that support market development goals.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work with senior management, regional teams and product management to develop and implement key strategies for the development and commercialization of a portfolio of key genetic disease applications across the translational research to clinical continuum.
- Partner with the commercial teams, business development, medical affairs, market access and government affairs to execute strategy and advance the understanding and associated merits of driving key genetic disease clinical applications into standards of care and health management
- Build and manage close relationships with KOLs and industry influencers in order to achieve key genetic disease segment goals and stay abreast of emerging market trends
- Collaborate within a complex, matrixed organizational structure, demonstrate an ability to organize projects and see them through to completion. Work with internal and external stakeholders, partners, regulators and payers to enable customers to operate efficiently and successfully.
- Stay current and report on competitor activities and market dynamics.
- Develop scientific and clinical proof points to increase system placements and reagent utilization. Partner with the regions to generate local data where required to support registration and reimbursement efforts
- Qualify and define collaboration opportunities with key strategic partners/labs
- Synthesize customer experiences and desires into new product concepts in partnership with Product Management
- Master’s Degree in Genetics, Molecular Biology, or other related science field highly preferred; MBA, MD or Ph.D. is desirable
- Expertise in core healthcare focused on diagnostics or pharmaceuticals, ideally with a focus on genomics-related applications
- 10+ years’ experience with genomics technologies, experience in translational research or clinical trials or other relevant related experiences
- Previous business strategy, business development, sales, or marketing experience related to genomics and clinical practice. Experience in strategy consulting, product management or market access expertise would be welcomed
- Proven experience in a strategic role working collaboratively and independently to drive results
- Ability to influence across the organization at all levels, including previous experience in managing individual contributors would be preferred.
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to articulate complex information to client
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to lead and complete projects within a fixed time line
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf