The Manager of General and Administrative (G&A) Finance is responsible for providing strategic FP&A support for Illumina’s G&A functions. This position delivers business critical financial analysis and stewardship by closely partnering with G&A leadership and staff. Key deliverables include developing and managing all operating and capital expense budgeting, forecasting, and reporting needs across select G&A functions. This position will report to the Director of G&A Finance.
- Provide sound financial leadership and guidance to the G&A functions
- Develop and manage the implementation of annual operating plans
- Build and deliver financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, and modeling in support of G&A’s needs
- Identify, synthesize, and summarize key data and metrics in support of wider Enterprise FP&A governance and initiatives
- Champion G&A’s critical needs across the Finance organization to ensure appropriate levels of investment
- Build and nurture deeply collaborative relationships across leadership, support staff and cross functional partners
- Establish and manage the financial prioritization of new opportunities across the G&A organizations
- Own and facilitate the financial management of the global Illumina Benefits budget and process
- Structure and execute ad-hoc financial analysis in support of key G&A efforts (e.g. Strategic Planning, Workforce Planning, IP & Litigation Forecasting, etc.)
- Work closely with global FP&A and business partners in support of shared G&A initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis and financial modeling; strong corporate finance skills a must.
- Highly motivated self-starter comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Resolute team player who is also comfortable executing independently
- Ability to align senior leaders and key stakeholders through excellent interpersonal skills, high EQ, and persuasion.
- High aptitude for quickly learning new and complex concepts
- Ability to synthesize large, fragmented data sets in order to drive decision making
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and the ability to do complex scenario analysis
- Strong experience with financial analytics platforms (e.g. Cognos, TM1, Tableau, etc.)
- Excellent written, oral communication and collaboration skills
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- Requires Bachelor's degree; MBA and/or CFA preferred.
- Relevant knowledge of the Life Science Tools and Diagnostics industry, including companies and technologies, is a plus
- 7+ years of applicable experience in finance, investment banking, management consulting or related fields
- Experience managing global teams a plus
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf