Illumina is seeking a dynamic, growth-focused, and strategic Finance leader to lead the finance business partnering team and relationship with our Global Quality and Operations functions (“GQO”), which is comprised of manufacturing, facilities, supply chain, factory of the future, lab services and product design transfer. This position will be responsible for partnering closely with the Senior Vice President, GQO and various members of the GQO senior leadership team to drive all aspects of financial planning and analysis. This position will require a broad range of finance experience including influencing senior leaders, business planning and analysis, financial modeling, operational finance, financial reporting, product costing, accounting, business systems, and internal control compliance.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of leading significant change and driving shareholder value in a Manufacturing company through hands-on accomplishments, relationship building, partnering with executives, financial modeling, and data driven analytics. This role will be expected to oversee and ensure finance operations are smooth and efficient by establishing and optimizing day-to-day processes and procedures within our global team. This role will provide effective and inspiring leadership as well as stewardship within both the Finance and Operations organizations.
- Partner with global finance team and senior level business executives across our Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality, etc. to drive business results towards metric targets.
- Actively participate in all executive, financial, and business reviews for areas of responsibility.
- Report, analyze, and translate data into key insights that drive strategic decision making at the executive level.
- Provide strategic financial insight to formulate business strategies and growth plans and work with cross functional partners to drive execution of plans.
- Anticipate business trends, assess risks, and recommend alternative solutions to meet financial and business objectives.
- Address complex business challenges and questions dealing with standard costing, manufacturing capacity optimization, factory automation efficiencies, minimizing waste and unfavorable manufacturing variances, and other issues related to Operations Finance technical topics.
- Review and drive the planning, forecasting, and budgeting process for areas of responsibility to maximize profitable returns and long-term growth in alignment with corporate goals and priorities.
- Drive continuous improvement in the monthly forecast and reporting processes and tools.
- Work with business partners to effectively prepare and assess analytics for project portfolio reviews with ROI analyses and other relevant financial metrics to drive profitable decision making.
- Work with our global Finance and Operations teams to oversee the successful execution of our product standard costing roadmap with a goal of driving to more refined standard cost estimates
- Attract, develop and retain outstanding Finance talent. Lead and develop a high performing team of Finance professionals.
- Acquire intense understanding of Illumina’s business today, and critical insights into where it is going in the future allowing for innovative concepts and the promotion of new ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a highly matrixed global environment
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and a demonstrated track record of working effectively with senior level executives and line level managers
- Ability to sort through complex issues, communicate them in a clear and concise manner, and develop appropriate solutions in a timely manner
- Confidence and presence collaborating with and presenting to executive staff
- Outstanding financial acumen blended with business partnership and leadership
- Strong financial modeling skills are required
- A highly metrics-driven individual with strong analytical abilities
- Experience managing, growing, and developing finance organizations to the highest level of performance
- An undergraduate degree in Finance or a related field is required.
- An MBA is required. A CPA is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC compliance.
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- At least 12+ years of operational finance experience, including experience in a product manufacturing company. It is highly desirable for the candidate to have experience in an entrepreneurial, dynamic, and fluid environment. A significant plus would be experience within a Dx Life Sciences Tools company.
- Ideal candidate possesses 12+ years of applicable management experience
- Possesses depth of technical knowledge in function derived from experience in non-management and middle management roles.
- Requires high level understanding of markets and sales opportunities for the company’s products.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf