Join the Jacobs team as Electrician and be responsible for electrical maintenance and emergency repairs of electrical equipment at facilities. You will propose, prepare, make modifications and execute the preventive maintenance program designed for the facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews or prepares proposed plans and specification for new or replacement equipment and makes recommendations for improvements to existing equipment and facilities
- Works with management to keep all equipment and buildings in compliance with electrical codes
- Provides training and supervision to others in the replacement or installation of existing or new equipment
- Repairs and maintains all facility electrical wiring and fixtures in accordance with blueprints, manuals, and building codes using appropriate hand and electrician's tools
- Installs and repairs electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment
- Repairs and maintains major equipment such as motors, generators, and electrical control systems
- Tests defective equipment to determine the cause of malfunction or failure using standard electrical test equipment
- Observes functioning of installed facility equipment to detect hazards and need for adjustment, relocation, or replacement
- Inspects circuits and wiring for specified shielding and grounding and repairs or rewires plant equipment systems according to state building codes and safety regulations
- Plans layout of new wiring installations
- Inspects all equipment on a regularly scheduled basis; meets all requirements of the established preventive maintenance program; inspects, maintains, and repairs solid state boiler control systems and electrical switch gear and electric motors
- Adjust, calibrates, and repairs electrical-pneumatic control systems; inspects electrical-pneumatic systems for emergency repairs; reports and logs all findings
- Ability to obtain building permits related to electrical work as needed
- Install, repair and replace conduit, lighting, equipment and control systems as directed
- Order supplies as needed or directed, reconcile payments through company expense systems.
- Perform PM and CM maintenance on electrical systems and related work
- Perform PdM maintenance such as infrared, vibration, ultrasound and tribology.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical and electrical issues
- Perform work safely and in accordance with the Company Safety Plan (i.e. LOTO, Arc Flash, AHA, PTP etc.)
- Be able to create and enter work orders into CMMS (i.e. Maintenance Connection) and generates work reports as needed
- Performs other duties as required
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The work area can involve a working environment indoors as well as outdoors, which could cause exposure to outdoor elements; proper safety attire will be required. Some areas can have loud noise, active machinery, high pressure fluid systems, electrical equipment, confined spaces, heights and depths, fumes, air borne particles, noxious gases, and chemicals. The use of appropriate safety equipment will be mandatory in these areas to prevent hazardous contact.
Must be able to sit, stand, stoop, twist and bend at the waist, turn, kneel, squat, raise arms above shoulder height, grasp, reach, perform repetitive hand movements and fine coordination to work on equipment and piping, have hearing in the normal range with or without correction. In any assigned shift, up to 12-hours, must be able to transport self across the facility, ascend and descend stair steps, lift objects up to 40 pounds from floor level to waist height, climb and work off of a ladder or scaffold and climb into and out of vehicles having high ground clearance, carry a 40 pound tool box up a flight of stairs, use arms and back to tighten and loosen nuts and bolts; work in confined spaces and wear and use appropriate safety equipment.
• Five (5) plus years of experience as a commercial and/or industrial electrician
• Electrical Journeyman License
• Experienced in all areas of the National Electric Code
• Possess the ability to use computers and computer software including, but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite and computer management systems to compose and complete reports
• Possess a valid Driver’s License with no major infractions
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
• Electrical Contractor’s License
• Knowledge of the methods, materials, equipment and tools used in the maintenance and repair of advanced mechanical and/or electrical systems
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Delaware-Wilmington-US DE Wilmington - Hay Rd
: Apr 18, 2020, 1:07:04 AM
: Operations & Maintenance
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US DE Wilmington - Hay Rd
12 Hay Rd