Description of Duties:
The Cybersecurity Engineer supports the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Integrated Research and Development for Enterprise Solutions (IRES) contract. The candidate will:
- Operate and Maintain the Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) program.
- Support timely and accurate scanning and reporting per STaRS and DoD policies and orders.
- Deploy, configure, operate, monitor, tune, upgrade, and troubleshoot Tenable components spanning a large and complex environment.
- Install updates to Tenable software as released and in compliance with STIG requirements.
- Deploy, maintain, and tune Nessus scanners to meet current and future needs.
- Create, deploy, and manage Tenable scan configurations.
- Conduct scans and provide reporting to the STaRS leadership as well as scanned organizations.
- Ensure that the Nessus scanners and Security Center are operational and reporting properly.
- Perform vulnerability scans and create repositories, queries, and dashboards as necessary to ensure vulnerability report information is available.
- Investigate false positives or potentially confusing scan data results.
- Develop tracking mechanism for false positives and track false positives until the finding is corrected; provide results upon resolution.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a motivated self-starter
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic finding.
This position is located at Schriever AFB, Colorado Springs, CO.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 3 days. If a candidate has not been selected at that time, it will continue to be posted until a suitable candidate is selected or the position is closed.
Resumes, in month and year format, must be submitted with application in order to be considered for the position. The selected candidate will be assigned as an employee for Jacobs or one of the following teammate companies: HX5, GCS, ERC, MEIT or Aerodyne.
Must have one of the following combinations of education and experience: HS Diploma (or GED) and 6-8 years of general experience; Associate’s degree and 4-6 years of general experience; Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of general experience; Master’s degree and 0-2 years of general experience.
- Must have at least 4 years of directly related experience.
- Must have a current DoD 8570 IAT Level II, or higher, certification
- RHEL/Windows Server experience
- Demonstrated experience with multiple network security zones, subnetting, VRFs, and VLANs
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Must have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of prior IT experience with 2+ years working with Tenable Security Center and Tenable Nessus agents within the DoD environment.
- Additional work experience or Cyber courses/certifications may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Advanced understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Colorado-Schriever AFB-20348-SHRV
: United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Apr 17, 2020, 9:28:43 PM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
730 Irwin Ave
Schriever AFB 80912