At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Data Science is a cross-functional team that collaborates with product, engineering, growth, operations, and marketing to drive decision-making across Lyft. The team leads high-impact projects, advises our executive team, and develops strategic frameworks for all business areas.
Our team is growing rapidly, and we’re looking for a data science leader with the ability and experience to help us scale. As a leader on the team, you’ll be responsible for building and promoting the analytic frameworks Lyft uses to make decisions. You’ll be leading data scientists, but also building relationships and partnering with product and operational teams. The ideal candidate can navigate between complex technical topics and strategic problems to deliver business impact. If you’re sharp, collaborative, resourceful, and can communicate complex ideas with ease, then we’d like to talk to you.
- Build and lead a high-performing team of data scientists
- Work with cross-functional partners in product, engineering, marketing, finance, and operations to achieve business goals
- Lead and prioritize deep dives into our data to uncover new product and business opportunities
- Develop analytical frameworks, roadmaps, and metrics for the team and broader organization
- Collaborate with other leaders and executives to build data-informed business strategy and roadmaps
- Serve as a champion of sound decision-making at all levels of the company
- Degree in a quantitative field like statistics, economics, applied math, operations research or engineering. Advanced degrees are preferred
- 6+ years of hands-on technical experience in a data science role or equivalent
- 2+ years management experience building and leading data science teams
- Track record of guiding teams through unstructured technical problems to deliver business impact
- Skilled at running cross-functional relationships and communicating with leadership across multiple organizations
- Willingness to collaborate and communicate with others to drive cross-team and cross-organization initiatives forward
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides