At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
The Associate Tools team's mission is to deliver best-in-class tools to enable our customer support associates to accurately and efficiently provide help for our drivers and riders. You'll work alongside our support associates and play a key role in building trust, empathy, and communication between engineering and support. You’ll design and build new tools to improve the support workflow, collaborate with associates to optimize our current tools for high-impact use cases, and assist in triaging and fixing critical production bugs.
Projects will require close collaboration with other teams and orgs, working closely with product managers and designers, other engineers and stakeholders. These projects may occur simultaneously, so you must be able to juggle multiple concurrent initiatives. We will also expect you to advocate for sound frontend standards to engineers, designers, and management.
- Be part of an inclusive, collaborative team that embraces pairing, healthy discussions and supports each other in their goals
- Collaborate with cross functional teams on new and emerging technologies, determining how they will integrate into current and evolving infrastructure
- Unblock, support and effectively communicate cross functionally in order to achieve results
- Help define the team roadmap and architecture based on technology and business needs
- Evangelize appropriate tech and engineering best practices, and occasionally give internal or external tech talks
- Leave the code in a better state than when you found it (progressive refactor)
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Go home knowing that your work today is meaningfully improving the lives of every Lyft driver and rider
- Must have 5+ years of software engineering industry experience
- Experience working with design systems (e.g. Bootstrap, MaterialUI)
- Experience with unit, integration, and end-to-end testing
- Experience working cross-functionally with Product and Design
- Good understanding of web performance and how browsers and DOM work
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides