in San Francisco, California
About the Role
We're looking for an exceptional attorney to manage a commercial team that is part of a larger, corporate legal team at Uber. The Director role will lead the commercial team responsible for handling commercial transactions serving the commercial transactional needs of Uber's strategic sourcing, as well as its corporate development and business development professionals. This role will report to AGC, Corporate.
What You'll Do
- Manage the commercial transactions team.
- Provide oversight and direction to the commercial team.
- Coach, mentor, and develop the team.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among team members.
- Manage deals end-to-end (from deal analysis to negotiations and post-deal management) with cross-functional input and collaboration.
- Draft, review, and negotiate commercial contracts, including strategic partnerships and intellectual property and technology-based transactions.
- Oversee negotiations and streamline deal processes.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues in other legal teams, including Product, Employment, Privacy, IP, Marketing, etc.
- Create and implement policies and practices to ensure consistent implementation of legal guidance and alignment on risks.
What You'll Need
- 12+ years of commercial legal experience in private practice and/or in-house.
- Management experience in a team-oriented workplace.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a team.
- Confidence operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to work cross functionally and develop relationships.
- Outstanding writing, negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Penchant for understanding complex deal structures.
- Flexibility to perform in nimble, rapidly changing and growing environments.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated experience working with business leaders.
- Collaborative approach with both business and legal groups, with strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility, and partner with others.
- Passionate about your work and a desire to have a big impact.
- Enthusiastic about Uber!
Bonus Points If
- Experience with technology platforms
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.