San Francisco, California |
About the job
We are looking for security-minded software engineers who are passionate about building and defending. Our mission is to protect Uber's customers and data by integrating security into the basic engineering foundations of Uber.
What you will do
You'll be tasked with improving security across all aspects of the Uber Infrastructure. This infrastructure will run complex new services and it will operate at significant scale. You will be challenged every day.
- Deliver high quality code that anticipates scale, reliability, monitoring, integration, and extensibility.
- Push the boundaries of security technology to create defenses for large scale production applications and networks, specifically detection and mitigation of bots and API abuse.
- Develop systems and processes to avoid and mitigate security issues by adapting security best practices to Uber's technical architecture
- Lead security awareness and security knowledge sharing with Engineering teams to foster a culture of security
What you will need need
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field.
- 4+ years of experience building substantial backend software products using object oriented, database and distributed programming techniques.
- Experience with SQL (MySQL), NoSQL (Redis, Cassandra) preferred
- Experience with large-scale systems and network security across data centers, cloud hosting providers, and container ecosystems
- Solid foundational knowledge of security topics within distributed computing including Unix, DNS, load balancing, IPSec, TLS and HTTP/TCP
- A passion for continuous improvement of yourself, your technical capabilities, and the capabilities of those around you
- Strong collaboration and communication skills to work with people from many different teams and when necessary drive alignment between them.
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.