Program Management, Product
in San Francisco, California
About the Role
As the Senior Manager, Product Operations you will be the key strategic partner to our product and operations leaders that are aiming to improve safety on the Uber platform, one of Uber's top company-wide priorities. This role will manage the Safety Product Operations team, focused on operationalizing global business priorities principally focused on gathering and prioritizing product insights and deploying products globally.
You will help facilitate strategy with leaders from other functions (Product Management, Engineering, Design, Data Science). You will be responsible for growing and managing the team of Product Ops Managers and Senior Managers that are supporting all of these efforts.
What You'll Do
- Create deep connections with Customers around the world to ensure your team keeps the pulse on the most pressing needs of the business. The insights your team surfaces will help shape roadmaps across the company.
- Be the voice of the Customer in cross-functional strategy discussions. You will align with the leaders from Product Management, Operations, Legal, Marketing, Finance, Design, Engineering and Data Science
- Encourage collaboration and standardization across team members with systems, templates and best practices
- Be an inspiring team manager and mentor to Product Ops Managers and Sr Product Ops Managers.
- Beyond strategy discussions and people management, you will be responsible for catalyzing several large safety initiatives that are beyond the goals of any single product team or business Unit (Rides, Eats, etc)
What You'll Need
- Minimum 10 years excelling in a Product and/or Operations role at a consumer technology company
- Minimum 4 years of experience managing teams
- Ability to transition from big picture thinking/planning to implementation/speed
- Ability to set and communicate an inspiring vision AND get things done
- Exceptional communication skills - Experience with polished written, verbal, visual, and presentation communication. You should have experience communicating with multiple levels of an organization
- Entrepreneurial - Experience playing an integral part at the foundation of teams and/or companies
- Experience working on global initiatives
- Strong expertise in business analytics and strategy
- A deep understanding of consumer products and the unique challenges of a double-sided marketplace
- A "driver" personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Grit - you never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fade
About the Team
We align our structure, our resources, and our efforts toward the highest impact projects, in order to operationalize business strategies across Uber. As Uber continues expansion to hundreds of cities around the world, understanding the unique, local opportunities we're facing in different markets, and aggressively improving technology that fuels both safety and growth is critically important.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.