Our Public Sector Group is growing, and we are currently seeking an individual with experience in policy and regulatory analysis to augment our programmatic support to the DHS Science & Technology Directorate (S&T). Technology and threats evolve rapidly in today’s ever-changing environment. In response, S&T’s mission is to provide innovative scientific and technological solutions to address the nation's homeland security challenges. This position is located in Washington, DC.
- Provide support to S&T’s Office of Industry Partnerships in developing and implementing policy and processes to support Cooperative Research and Development Agreements (CRADAs) and other technology transfer programs and agreements.
- Recommend and advise on the development and administration of CRADAs and other tech transfer mechanisms, to include program and process improvements, through review of materials and discussions with the Federal Program Manager.
- Update and maintain S&T’s CRADA templates in accordance with policy changes and identified best practices.
- Review and process DHS CRADAs and other agreements in accordance with applicable policies and regulations.
- Prepare internal and external program/project documents, including documentation for shared project sites and certain correspondence.
- Prepare draft programmatic and technical slide presentations, white papers, and other documents to support meetings, briefings, technical reviews, and presentations to leadership.
- Develop program documents for S&T events and processes, such as fact sheets/one-pagers.
- Become familiar with and ensure compliance of research efforts with applicable policies and regulations, including privacy and export control regulations, among others.
- Support the development of constructive relationships with program stakeholders across DHS and the Federal government.
- Manage the tracking of CRADA requests, monitor progress toward document execution, and maintain filing systems and databases for technology transfer documentation.
- Assist the Federal PM by developing and tracking metrics for CRADA requests and developing reports for various stakeholders.
- Be familiar with CRADA and other tech transfer activities and processes to enable discussions, both verbal and written, with current and potential performers, customers, and program partners.
- Make recommendations and develop draft messaging for timely and appropriate internal and external communications.
- Attend program and technical meetings as required and prepare meeting summaries.
- Plan, organize, attend, and facilitate program reviews, site visits, and technical workshops as needed. Coordinate scheduling with participants, provide logistical requirements to attendees, assist Federal PM in developing materials, and capture meeting minutes.
- 4 to 8 years of experience and a BA/BS degree.
- Ability to work independently, to demonstrate initiative, and function productively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interface effectively and professionally with government leadership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access) and the SharePoint platform.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Client Office (DC88)